Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2024

fancy pants in the wind

Like many across the country right now, we're fighting the wind wars. I trekked the one mile to the gym this morning and saw lots of tree trash and bowed fencing from yesterday and last night. It's predicted to taper off this afternoon and evening - something to look forward to.

I worked yesterday with Triple-D and [Chili], which I didn't mind since it was a good day to be stuck indoors. And it was a nice time.  Everyone seemed friendlier than usual, and I'm chalking that up to Chili's presence. 

Also as predicted, my stepfather-in-law did pass away late Thursday/ early Friday. I'm relieved for him as his quality of life was very low by that time. Thankfully, he was able to live with home hospice care with my mother-in-law until the final breath. I'm relieved for her too and hope she can relax some now.

So yesterday after work, while the wind was howling and rattling the windows, I stayed in and did some much needed cleaning. Seems like I could produce a whole dog out of the hair I vacuum up each time - the downside of dog ownership.

I also played with my sketchbook and pencilled another of these Akira Toriyama characters. 




This one is named Kid Buu and is apparently "pure evil".


I really know nothing about the whole Dragonball scene, just find the characters so expressive in their posturing.


Kid Buu or not, after the exercise, I think of him simply as "Mr. Fancy Pants"






We watched a movie - The Novice - about obsessive compulsive behavior and perfectionism (I guess). It got a high rating on Rotten Tomatoes, but I didn't care for it.  And it wasn't just because it was about womens collegiate rowing, I mean, the main character had to have something to obsess about to get the points across. I just didn't care about the character.

Yesterday, I learned that one of the nursing students who tests with us at the college had been a vet tech for years. She said the sick animals made her too sad, so she decided to switch to nursing people because she figures people won't have as much of an effect. Hmmm.

Today's agenda includes a coffee walk in the wind and a dog food and cat litter run. Excitement.


9 comments:

Boud said...

I had a friend long ago who worked in a stable until a horse kick caused a lot of needed repair to her face, then, though she was beautiful again, too fragile for the danger of being around her beloved horses. So she became a midwife! Next best thing to her, delivering babies instead of foals.

The Happy Whisk said...

I'm sorry to read that he passed. Happy to read that he got to pass at home.

The sketch is wonderful. I love it.

The show you mentioned doesn't interest me either.

Here's to a great rest of your week. No winds here today. Just sunny and chilly. Nice day here. Snow the other day. That was nice too!

Cheers and boogie boogie, Ivy.

John Holton said...

I think I understand what your nursing student means.

Allstarme79 said...

It seems odd to me that people are sadder about animals than humans but hey, what do I know?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I'll trade you wind for heat!

Abby said...

Boud, ouch, a horse kick sounds painful! Glad your friend was able to "get back up on that horse"... so to speak.

Happy Whisk, the wind blew out of town and it's very nice now. But I'm not putting the snow shovels away just yet.

John, I've heard that a lot of vet work is euthenasia. That could be depressing.

Abby said...

Allstarme79, she said, for the most part, that the animals are often innocent regarding their health problems. But people are often to blame for theirs. Exceptions of course.

Peggy, can't we both have ideal? Is that too much to ask??

Liz Hinds said...

I'm with the nursing student. I have a t-shirt saying, I don't care who dies in the movie as long as the dog lives.
Sorry about your Father-in-law. How wonderful he could stay at home.

Abby said...

Liz, right? Not the dog!