Pages

Thursday, November 23, 2023

fourth thursday

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all  'mericans!  

Today is actually looking to be a quiet day for me. Magnum, Wolfgang, and Meego are going to Magnum's sister's for the big gathering. I'll stay behind and chill with the dogs since we had no one to unload them upon. Chaco recently moved out of state for work, so will also be thankful in abstentia.

It's just as well with the mystery dog illness going around. This is no doubt a busy time of year for dog kennels and other boarders. I know there are heightened restrictions in place, but don't know the extent. Turns out it's a good thing to have antisocial dogs - currently anyways.

The four of us plan to get together on Saturday. Might go downtown to check out the Christmas elaborations. Either way, I'm off the hook for cooking this year.

In other mysteries, I parked my bicycle after getting home from work yesterday. I keep the two bicycles I ride most often in the house because I'm a wimp and don't like retrieving them from a cold garage they're precious.

Soon after I'd settled my commuter, the cat snuggled in beneath the bicycles and was rolling around in some sort of bliss. If I didn't know any better, I'd have thought he found catnip down there. 


He hung out among the tires and chains for a good couple hours before deciding to, once again, join the sober. He hasn't returned to the seeming euphoria, and I have no idea what that was about.

I'm looking forward to four relatively quiet days off. I worked the last three days, and the place was a bit of a zoo. We thought it would be slow with the students on break, but it seems that everybody and their grandma decided this would be the time to get their professional certifications in. It was like a Black Friday version of testing. Door busters!

As I mentioned earlier, no Thanksgiving day road race for me this year. Recall that last year, I managed to beat the mayor. She no doubt has something to do with sabotaging my foot this year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Linking up with Mama Kat for the prompt:

1. Happy Thanksgiving! Share your Thanksgiving Day plans.

9 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

ha ha - sabotaging your foot. I bet she did indeed!
Happy Thxgiving - enjoy the quiet time!!

Abby said...

Peggy, I mean... she IS the mayor. Power corrupts.

ShadowRun300 said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Abby! I hope you enjoyed your quiet day at home with the dogs.
Sorry to hear your foot is hurting. I literally feel your pain. I’ve had metatarsal issues and now plantar issues, and haven’t run in years. I miss it greatly, but can still bike! It’s become my exercise of choice.
Anyway, hope your foot gets better soon and the new boss gets chosen soon.
Enjoy the rest of your long weekend!

Liz Hinds said...

Enjoy your get-together! You can't trust mayors, you should know that!

KatBouska said...

My dog loves to roll in feces...maybe your bike rolled through something wonderful like that for kitty to enjoy! ;) Happy Thanksgiving!

The Happy Whisk said...

Sorry to hear that your pup isn't feeling well. Healing wishes. Funny the cat likes it under both bikes.

Abby said...

ShadowRun300, happy late Thanksgiving to you! Glad to hear you're still biking!

Liz, the mayor has it in for me, I know it.

Abby said...

Kat, you've provided the most likely answer. Luckily, the dogs aren't as interested, otherwise I'd be worried.

Happy Whisk, we thought it might must be instinctual with the cat. Like the bikes are a metal bush to take cover under.

Patty Sparano said...

Overall, I hope you did get to enjoy the day, Abby.

Sharing some info on Canine Respiratory Disease from here in New York.

https://www.vet.cornell.edu/departments/riney-canine-health-center/canine-health-information/canine-respiratory-disease-outbreaks?fbclid=IwAR0n1twr7sYy2BXd9OWKS52lNrBXTc4SKCpCCyIxVWPLDU54VCVvVtQs-1s