Pages

Sunday, November 19, 2023

... or are you happy to see me?

Thanksgiving week is upon us. At this time of abundance, I'm doing all the prompts from Mama Kat:

1. Tell us about a current interest.

I've been following the Kaitlin-Armstrong-killed-Mo-Wilson sentencing and trial recaps. Sheesh, what a bizarre case. 


2. Write about something you gave a negative review.

This week I bought some cajun flavored sesame sticks from Natural Grocers. After eating a couple, I realized they were not cajun flavored but garlic flavored and mislabeled. And I was all, "gross", because I quite dislike garlic. But thankfully, no one here is allergic. But what if someone was allergic? That could be bad. 

I let the store know about it via their online contact page. Who knows if anyone reads the submissions? Not necessarily a negative review, but mislabeled food products could land them in hot water.


3. Tell us about something you are looking forward to.

I'm looking forward to a slowed week at work coming up. The test center is open through Wednesday, but students are on break all week, so it should be fairly calm and quiet. 🤞

4. Book review! Share a recent favorite (or least favorite) read.

I'm currently reading Happy Place by Emily Henry. I'm about halfway through it, and apparently it's a popular book. For me, I dunno, it's kinda... bad. It might end up a DNF for me.

5. Write a blog post in exactly 7 lines.

My fritzed foot is still not 100%.

But it feels better with each passing day.

I feel I could go for a short run.

But Dr. Internet says not to run for 4 to 6 weeks. 

So, no Thanksgiving race for me this year.

Boo hoo. 

Still very thankful for lots of stuff.


6. Write a blog post inspired by the word: over

We caught a cheater at work this week. Really, it's a rare occurrence. I've worked there for 2.5 years, and can remember just 4 cheaters, all of them college students.

But this guy, he hid a cell phone in the crotch of his pants, then began using the phone during his test. A coworker busted Cheater and took the phone. When going over the video footage, we also learned that Cheater was chewing tobacco and spitting in his testing room.

Party Girl had a justified cow when wiping down the workstation after Cheater finished, at which point he denied doing any spitting/ mess making.

He knew we have cameras, now he knows that they don't just watch, they record.

Game over?


6 comments:

BootsandBraids said...

That Armstrong case IS bizarre. I don't see how that stupid girl ever thought she'd get away with it and for why? She's ruined her own life. I thought the sister should have been charged for aiding and abetting in helping her flee.

Abby said...

BootsandBraids, did you see where she tried to run away from the cops a few days before the trial - in her prison garb and handcuffs? Where did she think she would go then? I agree with you about the sister, fer shur.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

OMG that trial is bizzare. I mean seriously a face lift? She looked better before the murder...lol I don't understand why kill the girl? The boyfriend cheated? Although it's not right to kill either but you know what I mean. It had shades of the woman who drove in a diaper to get to the person she wanted to murder - remember that one?

Abby said...

Peggy, Exactly! I was totally thinking of Diaper Woman and Kaitlin Armstrong being of the same ilk! What's wrong with breaking up with a cheating boyfriend and getting on with life? Kill the other woman - wtf??

KatBouska said...

Didn't Kaitlin Armstrong recently attempt to escape prison? Or was that a different gal? I do love a good court trial, but had been following the Maya Kowalski case. Might be time to switch gears! Bummer about the cheater...sounds like something Kainoa would do MINUS the tobacco I hope. I hope your foot heals up so you can get back to your trotting!

Abby said...

Kat, the Maya Kowalski case is heart wrenching. And yes, Kaitlin Armstrong tried to literally run from the cops while outside the jail 🤦🏻‍♀️