Pages

Sunday, November 26, 2023

50 shades of grey

We got a decent snowstorm on Friday into Saturday, still digging out a bit.  I guess I'll accept that winter is here. As such, I sorted through my clothing, and put away the warm weather stuff. As I looked at my satisfyingly tidy closet, I couldn't help but notice the near monochrome wardrobe left for the next few months.


Really? I had not noticed this happening. When did nearly every warm top I own become some shade of grey?


These are work tops, and my putz-around-the-house tops have slightly more color variety, but Magnum and the pets likely don't care.


While not one to wear ugly Christmas sweaters, I'm still thinking I should make more of an effort with color.


It was a satisfying few days off from work before the remainder of the semester. This coming week is chock full of stuff - panic stricken students hitting me both from the testing side and tutoring side. In addition, I've got two afternoons of interviews scheduled for the assistant boss position. 

I'll be glad to be done with that and have someone to onboard. We've been short staffed all semester, and I'm glad to see several good candidates to sift through. It could be a difficult choice. Fingers crossed we make the right one.

Now, what to wear for interviews? I'm thinking grey? Maybe black?


9 comments:

Linda Sue said...

Safe and tasteful, grey and black ! Never struggling to put an outfit together , everything harmonious! Such a sensible girl!

Abby said...

Linda Sue, good on you always finding the silver (or in this case, grey) lining.

Allstarme79 said...

The overwhelming majority of my closet is straight black so don't feel bad. I almost bought a white t-shirt the other day but then had a moment and clarity and thought better of it.

Jeanette said...

A few years ago I realized I wore too much black shirts and pants Since then
I've added blue, red and multiple color tops to my wardrobe.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I just came to this realization as well. Mine is black and navy. I put on a red sweatshirt the other day and felt like it was lit up it seemed so bright so I took it off. Am I trying to hid? What is this phenom?

Liz Hinds said...

I came to that realisation about my clothes some time ago and resolved to change. It's worth it.

Liz Hinds said...

I just saw someone else's comment and realise that I never have clothes that match . . .

MELODY JACOB said...

I get the idea and its smart. Grey is a nice color.
I just shared a new post and would love for you to check it out. Thanks a bunch!
https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/12/festive-and-heartwarming-holiday-films.html

Danielle L Zecher said...

At least all of your clothes match. My closet is much more filled with bright colors, which is mostly okay, but I had a terrible time finding something I could wear to a funeral last month. I guess I need to add a little more black and gray.