Pages

Saturday, May 27, 2023

next

Last weekend, we got together with all the guys for Meego's Birthday, Part II since Wolfgang was out of town the weekend before. Mexican food this time, no restaurant family drama as far as we were aware, thank goodness.

We have begun toying with the idea of purchasing some recreational land - some boonies to call our own. Nothing fancy. We're not fancy people, plus we can't afford fancy anyway.

Asked the kids if they would get use out of such a getaway, and the brainstorming began:

  • solar-powered-bike-park-archery-range-cult-commune?




Me, I'm thinking Teletubby house 


In other playtime, I dusted off my drawing things yesterday. A neglectful doodler, I've been! Then I drew a quick boat. Why a boat? No idea.


I remember when I used to do at least ONE artwork a week. Illustration Friday was a website that hosted a weekly prompt and sometimes offered awards.  I would post my submissions here as well as with the Illustration Friday group over at deviantart.com

Alas, the website is no more, and I no longer had the proddings other than the annual Inktobers


How easy it is to slack when there's no rudder! I visited my deviantart page, which also lives among the dustbunnies these days. 

Yeah, I used to be quite a deviant. Did I have more time back then? Nah. Less distraction maybe.



Set a goal. Write it down.


2 comments:

Linda Sue said...

Great i love a teletubby habitat! I get what you are talking about re: settling down enough to draw- it does require a quieter frame of mind and space. Well done YOU!! I haven't drawn anything since my bath last week.

Abby said...

Linda Sue, yes and interestingly/ annoyingly, if I do anything "mathy"-like for work, my drawing bits leave the building.