Pages

Thursday, May 18, 2023

a taste of hell

My brain is on vacation.  

The spring semester came to a screeching halt at the college a couple of weeks ago. While, we're still providing testing, the tutoring side of things is out for now, so my brain said, "See ya!"

I did take on a high school tutee for a few weeks of summer. Plus the summer college session could bring in some requests. so hopefully, I won't totally turn to mush. 

I do want to dust off my drawing toys and wake up the slumbering right side of my brain.

For now, I'm looking forward to a simple summer and have no major getaways planned as of yet. 

We got together with Chaco and Meego on Sunday for Meego's birthday/ Mother's Day. Wolfgang was out of town and missed out. Despite the fact that it was Mother's Day plus graduation weekend for the university, we managed to have a nice outing at a local Indian restaurant that wasn't too busy.

Goat and lamb as well as chicken were eaten at our table, I confess. I think I've given up on being a strict vegetarian, but more power to them. I can say that it's been several years since I've eaten cow, so there's that.

We were seated at a booth, and there was another family in the booth behind ours. There was a thick partitioning wall separating us from the other booth people, but it didn't suppress the conversation once one of the women started shouting. 

I mean, there was some Jerry Springer (RIP) Mother's Day family drama going on back there. "divorce... your dad's fault... appreciate you mother (dammit)...waaah " omg

I expected them to leave or calm down, but no! They stayed and, I guess, ate their selections while periodically loudly chastising and crying. No chairs thrown, however. Probably a good thing they were in a booth.

The food and service were quite good. We will happily go there again, but it did seem that the staff was avoiding us a bit - likely because of our proximity to Drama World. The restaurant does have a hefty selection of alcoholic beverages, which may have contributed. Maybe?


5 comments:

John Holton said...

Maybe just a little....

Abby said...

John, I'm thinking yeah

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

wow dinner and a show...bad one buy...

Linda Sue said...

I am looking forward to your brain waking- I love your art, it is always a treat.
The place where you ate sounds too cozy (?), they need to take their drama to a sound proof closet or something, or quit being so umurcan, loud and rude.

Abby said...

Peggy, could've sold tickets.

Linda Sue, the fact that they acted the way they did while carrying on with the meal makes me think it was typical day-to-day behavior for them.