Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2022

starting to finish

Greetings on this fine fall day! I'm very much enjoying the cooler temperatures. Leaves are just starting to change around here, and George, - remember George? - looks to be starting to join his colorful older neighborhood cousins. I'll update when he's ready.

This morning, I ran in the run club's first Tortoise and Hare race of the season. It was a short and sweet 4K (about 2.5 miles). Large turnout for the run, so much so, they broke us up into two separate routes. I expected to head east from the start, but was directed west instead. Welp, just point me in the right direction. I followed along and survived it.

While on the course, I noticed a couple of blind runners. They have volunteers who run with them and give gentle guidance. Seems like admirable work. I'd hate to mess up somehow in that job, though.

Speaking of changing routes, I decided to try a different bicycle commute to work this week. Omigosh, SO much better than my old route. I think I've whined here before about the congestion along my commute as it went through an elementary school zone followed by a middle school zone and all the drop-off line/ crossing guard guarding they involve. This along with the high schoolers going by in the opposite direction.

One morning this week, the voices in my head said, "go that other way, doofus!", so I did. Lovely lovely ride to be had away from all the school traffic, and it only adds a little under a mile to the commute. Not to mention, it avoids a couple of left turns off and on to busy roads, riding a busy road east into the morning sun... What was I thinking before?

This was an otherwise pretty busy week with, again, training new hires at work and pulling some extra hours for such, hence my lack of blog presence. Plus, I've been doing inktobers, and surprisingly have yet to miss a day. Here are this week's submissions:


I can feel my streak about to end, however. But I'll keep inking along in my instagram until the end and see how many I get done by Halloween. No pressure!



8 comments:

Linda Sue said...

OH MY LORD IN THE HEAVENLY PALACE ON HIGH !
Your drawings inktober things are magnificent! BET!!! brilliant and the "adorable" twins...Skills, sister, you got 'em!
PLUS you can run. Admirable - bears will never catch you.

Abby said...

Linda Sue, you are too kind! Inktober is bunches of fun, though. Adulting can be such an interruption.

Linda Sue said...

NOT BET- BAT, that did make me laugh a lot you clever girl you! Adulting, what is that?

betty said...

I love your drawings! I am following along on Instagram too! You are very talented. I like the match one! I bet the leaves are so pretty as they change their colors! Always good to have a bit cooler temps! That was interesting with blind runners. We read an article last night about blind pilots and it is similar. They have someone guiding them as they fly (I'm sure private planes). Good you found a safer route to work! It is funny how we don't think of that until one day we decide to be adventurous and then find something really good comes out of it!

betty

Abby said...

Betty, wow, I've heard of blind runners and blind skiers, etc. Blind pilots, though?
Yes, my new route is so much better, I was starting to not like riding into work, so I knew something was up!

Jeanette said...

Wow1 your drawings are awesome! I'm glad you found a better way to work! I had to change my driving route on the way home from work because I pass 3 schools and the traffic is crazy!

Abby said...

Jeanette, I fully support the socialization and education of children, but leave me out of the traffic!

LL Cool Joe said...

I like No. 8 Match. Lol.

I'm glad you've found a new biking route to work, sounds like a much more pleasant experience.