Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2022

crack me open so I feel the air inside me

Happy October, typically one of my favorite  months - not too hot, not too cold, not too dark, not too bright. It's the Goldilocks of months for me.

Yesterday, we went downtown to witness  our first Tour de Corgi. So many Corgis! 


We watched the cute,  slow, waddling parade, then checked out a few of the booths in attendance. 


It was a lovely day for the nice wholesome event that included a costume contest as well as the parade.


October also is the month of the inktober challenge, remember? Thirty-one days, thirty-one drawings? We're two days in, and my head is still above water.


This is good for me, I haven't touched my art toys in a long time. I literally had to dust everything off. 

Speaking of misfit endeavors, we watched the movie Dinner in America. What a hoot!


It started out feeling like a goofy, quirky, misfit movie, which it is. And it could've totally bombed. It's aggressive and edgy and there are lots and lots of f-bombs. But it has a rather deep - dare I say "sweet and meaningful"? - core to it. It's not for everyone, but I loved it.


6 comments:

Linda Sue said...

The trailer looks right up my effin alley! I just dropped HULU because of ads, but may, for the sake of this movie , re-enlist...
Your drawings are also effin cool, mother effer. My so called art supplies are in a heap on my so called art table. Drawing blind is the best I can do right now.
The corgi parade, so cute! Queen waving her usual queenly wave, good to see that she lives on!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Always willing to try new shows. What's the worst that can happen I don't like it and I don't finish it. So thanks for the tip. I just watched 2 odd ones. One from 2008 which was weird about a winery and it's a true story.(bottle shock) Oddly entertaining at times and very slow at others. Blonde, about Marilyn Monroe, was a piece of excrement. It was so awful. My advice is don't watch it :-)

betty said...

Oh my goodness! I would have loved to see the corgi parade in person!! There is no way Winslow would tolerate being in such a parade so I think if we participated I would have to have a cutout of his and carry it along :) Glad you went and had fun!

October is a great month. It is when it starts cooling off a bit here, lol, but so true. Not too not, not too cold, not too dark, not too light, etc. Plus it has pumpkins and candy with it. Who can resist a month like that?

I'll have to check that movie out. Sounds cute.

Great drawings too! I bet you'll do great for the rest of the month's challenge! Do share them on your blog, okay?

betty

Abby said...

Linda Sue, I think you would particularly really like the mother effin movie!

Peggy, I remember watching Bottle Shock, but it left no lasting impression. Guess I'll skip Blonde!

Betty, HA, a cardboard cutout of Winslow! I was pretty surprised at how well-behaved all those parading Corgis were. Some were pulled in wagons, probably because their short legs wouldn't make the whole route.

Jeanette said...

Oh that Tour de Corgi looks fun! Good for you being above water so far! I will definitely be checking that movie out on Hulu!

Abby said...

Jeanette, Tour de Corgi was too cute :)