Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2021

chocolate and mystery

"Take a picture, it lasts longer". Remember that snarky comment? Well, it's not wrong.



We made some chocolate covered strawberries at work yesterday as a little Valentine's Day treat for the residents.  Needless to say, we salvaged a few for us lowly workers.  I barely managed to snap a pic before they were gone.

As the little party in my mouth was happening, I realized I'd never had a chocolate covered strawberry before.  How is that?  

I think I ate a chocolate covered cherry once and was not impressed, so subliminally swore of chocolate covered fruits?  
 
Well, count me back in the game.





So Happy Valentine's Day.  I don't know about y'all, but it is F-F-F-F-F-FREEZING here today.  Quite invigorating, really.

Yesterday was a rather interesting day at work.  I went in expecting a ho-hummer as everyone who was scheduled is highly competent with little need for direction.  For the most part, that ended  up being the case after a rocky start.  For matters of privacy, I will refer to these coworkers by their food preferences to summarize.

BaconEggSammich had left early the day before as she was experiencing much cramping and heavy menstrual flow (sorry guys).  I was actually concerned about her amount of blood loss as she looked rather pale when she headed to Urgent Care.

BowlOfCereal has been having troubles with her left hand and shoulder and had undergone a few tests this week to seek solutions. She's not happy about any of the possible fixes. 

Normally even-keeled SurpriseMe drug in seeming emotionally upset.  When I asked her about it, she replied, "If I talk about it, I'll start crying".

It was a day of the walking wounded.  BaconEggSammich was actually in good spirits as she'd been given Valium and a blood transfusion and happily announced, "I'm wearing a diaper!", but probably shouldn't be putting in a full day of work.  

BowlofCereal was fine as always, but still stressing about impending possible surgery.  SurpriseMe livened up to her seemingly old self as the day went on, but remained our chief concern. She told me she'd tried to get someone else to come in for her, but gave up after two turn downs as it was so last minute.

She never did open up about the cause of her distress.  To further add to the mystery, she had a conspicuous fresh bandage around her left biceps.  If  not for the bandage, I might've settled on assuming a loved on had died or fallen ill.  

But... the bandage.

So, a day in the life of this Den Mother.  A bum arm, a diaper, tears and a mysterious bandage.  

At least there was chocolate.



9 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Have a WONDERFUL Valentine's Day! ♥♥♥
I LOVE chocolate covered strawberries!
sandie

Tee said...

I guess you can't help but really worry about SurpriseMe. The bandage certainly seems suspicious considering her demeanor. I hope her situation turns out to be less worrisome than it seems.

Chocolate covered strawberries! Yum! Of course, I like chocolate-covered cherries too. But I think that's mostly because my dad loved them and it's a nostalgia thing more than a true love of them.

Abby said...

Sandie, happy Valentine's Day to you!

Tee, yep, it's a curious thing. She was definitely more herself by mid-day. Sweet (literally) memory of your dad.

Linda Sue said...

Strawberries dipped in chocolate always confuse me. One or the other PLEASE. You certainly have your hands full with those around you! You are the gal for the job!(probably)

Abby said...

Linda Sue, I'm the oldest of the crew. They all have utmost reverence for me. One of those sentences is true :P

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

That was a damn interesting day...for me...perhaps not you and SurpriseMe.
Never had choc covered strawberries huh? Mmmm...I love 'em.

Abby said...

Peggy, it was interesting in a non-preferable way. Maybe I'd be better working with robots.

LL Cool Joe said...

Geez sounds like a soap opera! Just as well you had chocolate. I like strawberries dipped in white chocolate.

Abby said...

Joey, eek, it DOES sound like a soap opera!