Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2021

any plans?

Trying not to look like
I'm taking a selfie
Received my second hit of Pfizer COVID vaccine today.

Others who've gone before said the second one hits a bit harder than the first.  I feel like my normal self so far, about six hours into the ruckus.  Give it time...

My shot giver made a bit of small talk with me as he readied the syringe.

"Got any plans for the weekend?", nosily.

"Nah, mainly just recovering from this vaccine, I suppose"

"Aah, you'll be fine!", confidently.

Then he injected me and went right into his spiel about the awful things I might experience.


No foliage to sit among while in observation mode this time. The shot people were in a big room in a different building from last time. But still a comfortable enough waiting area.

In other work related updates, SurpriseMe has seemingly returned to her normal mellow self with no mention of Saturday's disturbance.  We know not to ask.

I did notice today that she still has the mysterious bandage.  Stitches?  Seems a long time for a tattoo.

I checked the archives to see what I was blogging about a year ago.  Not much, really.  I'd just bought a new winter parka to replace my old faithful 20-year-old winter parka that had served me well through many a freezing time.

Well, now I'm very grateful for that new parka as it has proven itself a worthy replacement.  It's been so c-c-c-cold here lately like much of the country.  Yay for good outerwear!

This time last year, we were blithely oblivious to all things pandemic.  COVID was mainly that coronavirus thing in China.  We walked around willy nilly and naked faced.  I had a part-time job that included preparing buffet items.  What's a buffet??

Now I'm sitting around, compliantly 6 feet or more apart from masked people after being inoculated for my different job, wondering what side effects will kick in and when.  Early trends seem to show positive effects from the vaccine.  Obviously, I hope that holds and that more people can get vaccinated if they want...

... and that we're blogging happy (social?) things next year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Linking up this week with Mama Kat for the prompt:
2. What were you writing about last year at this time? What has changed?



7 comments:

John Holton said...

Mary and I have already agreed that we're not going to get the vaccine until we're sure it won't kill us. I don't go out that often, anyway... I turn 65 next month, which would make me eligible, and since Mary is my caregiver, she can get it, too. Still, I think the people who have to be out with the public should get it first.

Chatty Crone said...

I am so glad you got your second one over with. I hope you don't get any other issues. I get mine on Tuesday. Sandie

Astrid said...

Congrats on getting the vaccine! I got my first shot two weeks ago, thankfully also the Pfizer one. I definitely feel you about last year everyone being completely oblivious to the coronavirus thing. I really hope next year will be sort of back to normal.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

From your mouth to Gods ears - ... and that we're blogging happy (social?) things next year.

I would love to get the vaccine. I know so many who won't and I find it oddly off the mark. 2 of these people fly constantly before this all went down. How do they think they will get on a plane? No covid vaccine paper, no entry on a plane. Silly gooses.

Tee said...

I hope you continue to feel well after that second shot. I only know a couple of people who have received both and haven't heard any horror stories. I just learned of a state website where I can sign up to receive updates about when and where I can get the vaccine. I'll be signing up. I want to get vaccinated, but I'm low on the totem pole.

I am also looking forward to blogging about happy, social things again! Sometimes I feel like I picked a fine time to try to get back in the habit of writing! There's not much variety in my life these days! :-)

Lorraine said...

Glad you got your second shot and no issues. I get my second poke in a few weeks.

KatBouska said...

I hope your recovery was fast and painless! Kind of hard to imagine a naked face buffet loving life again, but maybe in time!