Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2020

nothing disgusting

Today's inktober prompt is "disgusting", and I decided to give myself a break from the inking since (1) a break sounded good, and (2) I couldn't think of anything "disgusting" that I'd want to be engaged with for an hour or so.

I did manage to get through the first 10 prompts in time, so adding to last week's inktober update...



Number 10, "Hope" is a pregnancy test stick of unknown outcome.  I figure "Hope" applies to either result, depending on the testee.

But speaking of "disgusting", there was a time when same sex marriage was considered disgusting.  There are many with that view still today.  But too bad for those people, because it's totally legal in all 50 states.

A longtime good friend of mine got hitched yesterday for the first time at the ripe age of 58.  I'd originally planned to be at the wedding, but COVID threw a small wrench in those plans.  

Undeterred, he married his partner while many of their friends tuned in online.


I'm so happy for them both.  *SNIFF*  Nothing disgusting here.



4 comments:

Linda Sue said...

Your inktobers are A-Mazing!!! Skills! I LOVE them ALL!
Some folks think that Heterosexual relationships are un natural and disgusting...just sayin', congrats to your pals!

Morgan Cartwright said...

Congrats to your friends! That's cool that they live streamed it!

Abby said...

Linda Sue, aw, thanks for the support :). Yes, disgusting can take many forms.

Morgan, I'm not sure if the livestream was in the original plan, but nice of them to have it in this case!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Love is Love. As Lenny Kravitz says, Let Love Rule!