Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

are men more organized than women?

It's amazon prime day, whacha buying?

I went to amazon this morning, looking for a purse/bag/satchel/whatever you call these things.  Shopped around, read some reviews, got some recommendations.  Finally, I ordered one.  

The bag I ultimately selected noted that it was rated a top selection for "murse" (man purse) and is in fact noted a "men's" bag in the description.  It looks very similar to other women's or unisex bags I considered, and actually, many of the reviews I read for it were from women glowing about the bag's positive attributes and noting how "it's great for women too!"

So, what makes it a men's bag?

The most notable difference - the one that sold me on it - is that it allows for wonderful organization:  more useful pockets and compartments, handy places for everything one typically carries around.  

There was a short video on the item page showing what I assume are man hands placing man things - wallet, phone, tablet, keys, pens, earphones - in various handy compartments. Not a tampon or bottle of Midol to be had, no mascara or lipstick, no romance novels. The bag could also easily accommodate these things, but apparently women just throw that stuff in a tote so they can upend the whole thing and sort through a pile when something is needed.

Don't women also carry money, phones, keys, pens, earphones, etc.?  Don't they also appreciate good organization? I do.  Am I doing something wrong?

Oh well, I ordered me a murse

In other news, one of my coworkers is quite crafty and has created a nice little income stream from her unique facemasks.  I'm not sure if she has an Etsy shop, but I remember going to Etsy early in the mask days and not being able to make a choice.  I remember thinking, "I wish I knew someone selling these things"

Wish granted!  Plus, she brings them into work for easy access.  Looky the cute bicycle mask she made for me:


I hadn't requested a bicycle mask specifically.  I knew she offers a variety of designs and told her I'd pick from whatever she had, but she made this thinking I'd like it, which I do!

How nice when sellers clearly consider the customer.  Says the woman who just bought herself a man purse.



10 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby I bet I would love your nurse! Those are the types I gravitate towards. I really like the bike mask. I see so many fun ones or pretty ones. I am boring and it's either blue or black.

Abby said...

Peggy, I'm thinking masks are going to be around for a looooooong time. They've already become fun fashion accessories for many.

Chatty Crone said...

I LOVE IT! And I think women are much more organized than men - lol. sandie

Abby said...

Sandie, I'll tell her you said so!
In my experience, women are more organized. But maybe it just depends on the person rather than the gender!

Lorraine said...

My dad carried a man bag long before it became a thing and I'm sure people made fun of him, but it helped keep him from losing stuff. I love your mask. I looked on Etsy too and couldn't decide on anything. When I did finally order some, the seller took my money and disappeared. I got a refund, thank goodness. Then I bought some from Amazon which are too loose, so I ended up buying sets of them from Old Navy. Their masks are very cute, affordable, double layered and hold up well after washing. They have holiday ones out now too.

Brian said...

I consider my spousal units purse off limits, but the few peeks I've had inside I can see she leans towards the more organized versions vs the simple pouch. Still . . .
After last nights debacle, I will still admit that I have a few Buffalo Bills masks that I wear publicly. Tried Etsy, but Amazon provided more selection & security.

Abby said...

Clamco, I've seen a handful of man purses in the wild. They're pretty rare.
Yes, that was my fear with Etsy. I've heard some sellers are unreliable, so didn't want to send money into the void.

Brian, I learned from a young age that Mom's purse was off limits, so by default, ALL purses other than mine are off limits.
My friend had some Bronco masks in the mix. Some poor souls will buy them.

Morgan Cartwright said...

That mask is perfect for you! I wear the boring, hospital type masks. I'm super exciting. :)

Abby said...

Morgan, we wear those "boring" surgical masks all day at work, so it's nice to have a little flair!

LL Cool Joe said...

Great mask, and perfect for you! I wear boring black ones, with one small simple design on them. I've just bought a plain blue one too, and I intend to iron on a patch onto it. God I need a life.