Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

once in a corn moon

 Sunrise rides have turned into moonset rides


and I'm fine with that.  

I belong to a bicycle commuter group on facebook.  A while back, a member mentioned missing his  commute since he began working from home because of covid.  "Just go for a daily ride anyway!" seems like a simple solution.

"Yeah, but it's not the same"

Many agreed with that including me.  It's not the same if I don't HAVE to be somewhere.  But I have the ritzy lake neighborhood to entice me a few days a week.  It's dark in the mornings now. Stars are still out, but the ride is pleasant.  And this morning we had the big Corn Moon, to which my phone camera did not give justice.  

This sets the stage for two full moons in October - the blue moon set to occur on Halloween.  Well, how appropriate for this year.  

Choose a costume yet? 



4 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

No halloween this year :-(
I don't get the difference between riding your bike to go somewhere or to just ride your bike for the fun and exercise of it. Could be because I am lazy and not riding a bike huh Abby?

Abby said...

Peggy, haha! Hard to explain why a "joyride" isn't as fun as a commute. I prefer a purpose I guess. So, I tell myself the ducks will miss me.

Anita said...

I think you chose the right word in your answer to Peggy - Purpose.

Abby said...

Anita, yep. A purpose. It's my daily pursuit :)