Pages

Friday, July 17, 2020

sun's out, buns out!


I went for a lovely bike ride this morning which took me through a ritzy lakefront neighborhood that Magnum and I discovered a while back.  



Lake access is limited to residents of the neighborhood only.  Bike riding riff raff that I am, I snapped a quick pic of the sunrise before continuing on through.  I checked out some real estate prices in the area out of curiosity, already knowing we are not in the target market.  Yeah, they have M's instead of K's after the sale prices.  

I noticed some decent condos nearby for the 62+ crowd.  I thought I'd check those out for future reference and found them to be pretty cozy and decently priced.  What's the catch?  HOA fees:  like 2K/month!!  

What does a $2,000 per month HOA fee get you?  

But speaking of sun and sky, I saw this notion in my instagram feed:



And then of course, the comments...




Yeah, there's one in every crowd.  At least one.


Do you have an HOA?  Likes?  Dislikes?




6 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby these photos are great. My god that comment made me laugh. Always one, normally it's my husband.
I HATE our HOA. There truly is nothing that I can think of that they get for 2k a month. Sexual favors? See here's the "one"
I will NEVER live with an HOA again. I don't pay 2K a month but I pay enough and I don't get it. Except my garbage is paid for. Big Whoop. There is nothing I like except it prevents the guy across the street from having his house be an eyesore with a car on blocks on the front lawn. Not that he would do that but you get it. Otherwise no good comes from an HOA. They're those kids from high school that got picked on and shoved in lockers and now wield their power. They do make me laugh at their seriousiness. I got a nasty gram from them last February because my garage door windows looked dirty. Ah, snow, salt, they will be cleaned come spring. But No can do - go clean them now or be fined. :-)

Abby said...

Peggy, I've heard similar gripes about HOAs - mostly busybodies. I thought most condo HOAs pay for garbage, lawncare, snow removal, etc. Some have private security, but 2k/month?? I honestly wonder if it's not a typo.

I heard a saying: "Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Give a man a pen, he'll probably draw a penis"

Now, go clean your garage windows!

Linda Hensley said...

I was going to write that I love the sky quote but now I think the man with the pen is too true not to remember and laugh about :D

Abby said...

Linda, I like both quotes :). Take the sky quote on faith, the pen quote on direct observation.

Anonymous said...

"Zapper 21"
Give 'er the google and see just how much boys will still be boys....

Abby said...

Anonymous, Ah yes. Who could forget the majestic "Sky Penis"?