Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

breaking bad?

I left my house for a run this morning, and as I turned the first corner to leave the neighborhood, I was met with a scene similar to this:


But not just one armored vehicle.  Two vehicles like this with SWAT guys mounted on each side, all gunned up.  Behind them were several more police vehicles taking up the incoming lane of traffic for about a block long stretch.  It looked kind of like the end of a 4th of July parade except nothing was moving and no one was throwing candy.

Yup, the po-po was back in the 'hood.

As I rounded that corner and came upon this scene, all the helmeted heads swiveled in my direction and locked eyes.


Needless to say, I stopped in my tracks, thinking, "Oh sh*t...". At least I don't THINK I said it out loud.

After a moment, one of the SWAT guys hanging onto the first vehicle motioned me and said to go on ahead, and I was thinking, "really?" as I looked at the long line of force I would run past.  Dutifully, however, I did as I was told and jogged on by with a bit of extra pep in my step.

Highly curious as to what was about to go down, I couldn't get a read from any of the coppers I went by.  They each seemed to be watching me, but all were silent save for one hairy one that gave a short *BARK*

When I returned after my run, all was clear, but I think it's safe to say they were back to visit the same house as last time.  The news story that ran after the first incident concluded with, "...more arrests are expected" as they continue to dismantle the drug trafficking organization.  Sheesh.  Such an innocent looking street with young families and puppies...

What are your neighbors up to?



11 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Not that here!
YIKES!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

wow, where the heck did you move Abby?
My neighbors are having BBQs and not social distancing and driving me nuts. I can't wait until they move.
But no swat teams....yet. :-)

Abby said...

Sandie, hope it stays that way there!

Peggy, we moved to "friendly, slow, and boring" fort collins?? Well, we can't pick our neighbors *sigh*

Linda Sue said...

GEEZ! not enough to do, those military swats. I can not imagine that your meth neighbors were worth all of that drama!

Abby said...

Linda Sue, it seems a bit much to me, especially if it's okay for an old lady jogger to go on by. What do I know...

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Neither slow or boring! So you've got that. And isn't that the truth, can't pick your neighbors. What kind of drugs must this be? Pot is legal there. What on earth are these people doing? It must be a big drug ring to require this kind of swat team. Who needs Netflix, I'd be watching out my window and jogging in the other direction. :-)

Morgan Cartwright said...

My mom was woken up one time with SWAT in her yard as they were surrounding her neighbors house (it was a rental and they did move out shortly afterwards). No idea what their deal was though.

One of my neighbors is slowly cleaning their hoard out and always has a ton of trash. From what I heard they are planning on selling their house soon, they have been the only owners thus far, so it's going to have to sold as is.

The other neighbors like to chill in their back yard at night and sometimes my dogs sneak over there to see them.

Abby said...

Margaret, from the news coverage: "Meth, heroin, mushrooms, fentanyl, and cocaine" as well as several guns, counterfeit money... I think they're the real deal!

Morgan, bet your mom was glad those neighbors moved out!
We had neighbors once who, when they moved, had to have a HUGE dumpster in their driveway for about a month while cleaning the place out.

Kim@StormsAndStardust said...

I have literally no idea what my neighbors are up to. Flippers/investors are renovating two abandoned houses several houses down. The house directly next to me belongs to a young woman my son's age, and she lives there with her sister and about five dogs. The house on the other side of me belonged to a couple about my parents' age, but when the husband died, the wife let the place go into foreclosure and now it's been abandoned for a few years. If I thought I could afford it, I'd try to buy the place and fix it up myself. But who am I kidding? I can barely keep my own place from crumbling, and that is seriously hindering my dream of becoming a lifestyle/interior design blogger.

You live in an exciting neighborhood! At least your drug traffickers didn't look or behave like drug traffickers. If we had any out here, they'd probably be the kind that knock on our door in the middle of the night needing to use my phone, and/or the kind that would blow us up with their meth lab! Hopefully the flippers finish their houses soon and we get some more vibrant, young people in the neighborhood. And if *I* can't figure out a way to obtain the house next door, maybe a flipper or investor will come fix it up and I can have some neighbors on that side again. I don't really mind not having neighbors, BUT it's sad that so many places along my road (we're out in the country) have been abandoned.

Kim

Linda Hensley said...

I guess I should quit complaining about the kids' noisy toys and all the %$#@ fireworks the neighbors have been shooting off all week? I hope all is well from now on in your neighborhood.

Brian said...

Yeah - I think I'll take some random fireworks and a few noisy dogs over the Walter White crowd. Maybe they'll get them all rounded up and behind bars soon. May have to have Hazmat come in and clean the place though!