Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2024

looking from a window above

Happy Saturday, it's been a busy week. Let's see, I...

  • was installed as chapter Prez at PEO
  • met with all the tutees
  • worked an extra shift to fill in for a coworker
  • had another dry needling sesh with the PT

All in all, a good week, and I'm ready for the weekend - only to lose an hour of it.



One of my tutees is a high school kid who is the spitting image of Alison Moyet from her Yaz days - complete with eye makeup and hairstyle. 

Seriously, it's uncanny, to the point I almost asked them (preferred pronoun) if they purposely modeled themselves after her. Good times, those '80s!

But I haven't asked. "Alison" is quite intelligent. Wants to go to Yale. We shall see.



I've got one more PT session scheduled in a couple of weeks, and that's meant to be the end of it. It's been a good experience, and it's up to me to keep up with the exercises. The dry needling's been interesting, and I'm glad I decided to give it a try.

In other health news, a couple of articles crossed my radar this week. One article touting several benefits of beer almost has me jumping off the wagon I decided to jump on last year. The article mentions that some of the benefits come from studies of non-alcoholic beer, but I never really understood the point of such a thing.

Another piece of info was from a youtuber saying that menopausal women should get a good amount of calories from fat. From that, I did dig a bit deeper and found that

"...fats can help your body absorb nutrients it needs and may reduce the frequency and severity of menopause symptoms"

Something to do with estrogen. And there's the qualifier "healthy fats" like avocados (which I can't stand 🤢) . So... no cheesecake then?

Anyway, eat, drink, and be merry. For tonight, we lose an hour.


6 comments:

Linda Sue said...

Dennis discovered the benefits of fat- he lives on fat now and his health issues have subsided. Seems the "fat" scam was to enhance certain products sold to us in the market- Fat free, laden with salt and sugars to make it palatable. Industry made a fortune on that , as well as the medical profession, dealing with the health issues all of that fat free hype caused. Beer is not a bad thing. If you like it- drink it. Moderation of course. A hot day, a cold beer- ahhhhh.
You are so utterly civic minded- One of the really good citizens of this earth! I admire you all the way to your toes!

Linda Sue said...

Also my mother would be so proud of you Mrs. President!

Abby said...

Linda Sue, you are too kind and funny 😄. Cheers to your mom, my sis.

I'm glad Dennis discovered the secret. I recall a short news blurb I saw comparing the fat-laden French diet vs. the sugary sweet American diet. French people are typically svelte and sexy, Americans, not so much.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

So none of my famous guacamole then, eh?
I'm glad the dry needling worked for you. Good to know. The way I'm falling apart I may need that info.😉

Liz Hinds said...

Those four chocolate biscuits I just ate are doing me good then?
Just reading the comments about French people. The Mediterranean diet is supposed to be the healthiest and they eat loads of olive oil and pasta.

Abby said...

Peggy, I've no doubt that your guac is a crowd pleaser... a crowd to which I, sadly, don't belong.
The needling is pretty cool, actually. Muscles worked while I lay around - what's not to like!? Might want to see if it's an option for you.

Liz, I've heard of the benefits of the Mediterranean diet. It makes sense.