Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2024

hanging around

Ready for the chocolate shortage? Got a strategy? Our stash of dark chocolate Hershey kisses may soon become a product for only the rich and famous. Eat them or sell on the black market... hmmm...

So my decluttering continues. Just when I think I've gotten so minimal, I find other junk. I just chucked some dry erase markers - emphasis on DRY. During my last sweep of my office/ studio/ cat bathroom, I found a nice pad of bristol paper that I bought years ago.

Bristol paper is stronger and stiffer than "regular" drawing paper. I think it's actually sheets of paper that are pressed together to make it thicker and stronger and smoother. Anyway, it's very fun to play with.

Also, I worked yesterday, so this is kind of a short weekend for me. While at work, one of our testers was the cute emo kid who has been taking his HiSET (High School Equivalency Test - very similar to the more well-known GED) modules with us. 

He's actually quite intelligent and has been eating through his modules like nobody's business. This was probably his 3rd or 4th visit with us, and I got his station all set up. I turned around to check his pockets, socks, and sleeves, and he was standing there with his big cargo pants already all rolled up, with pockets turned out, all *I know the drill*



Then he went in and aced another module, came out and put away his scratch paper and pencils like he owns the place. 

I'm gonna miss that kid when he's done. Today, while going through markers and things, I found a sharpie that works and did a quick sketch of "Miles".

And the decluttering doesn't end with the physical stuff. I opened my Pinterest account - OH the crap it contained. 

Still deleting

9 comments:

John Holton said...

It might be easier to just blow away your Pinterest account and get rid of everything, unless there's something you absolutely *must* keep in there. I had a Pinterest account that I got locked out of for violating one of their arcane regulations. I'm reminded that account is still there occasionally, and of course can't log in unless I beg them to give it back to me, and every time I write to them to find out what I did they won't reply, so I decide the heck with it...

That's a good sketch of Miles, by the way.

Abby said...

John, Oooh, I love that idea for Pinterest! I ended up deleting most of my boards, and only kept a couple that I had cleaned out. Refreshing!
And aren't you a rebel for getting locked out!

BootsandBraids said...

What? A chocolate shortage? I'd better look into that, see if I need to make a run to See's to stock up.

Allstarme79 said...

Love your drawing! Also, I had not heard about tis chocolate shortage. I am not upset, really. I like it but could go without.

Jeanette said...

I've been avoiding my Pinterest account because there is so much old stuff in there! Decluttering whether its physical or online stresses me out!

Abby said...

BootsandBraids, apparently cocoa farmers aren't getting very good yields because of poor growing conditions, and it wasn't the greatest job to begin with.

Allstarme79, I've begun weening myself from chocolate. It's not so bad.

Jeanette, that's exactly what became of my Pinterest account - so much stuff! It's been satisfactorily purged.

Liz Hinds said...

Chocolate shortage?!!! What?!

I was thinking about decluttering my wardrobe. I have no idea what's in there.

Abby said...

Liz, I actually had fun decluttering my wardrobe. Where it used to be boring yet plentiful, it is now just boring.

Danielle L Zecher said...

I didn't know about a chocolate shortage. I had to Google it. I don't like chocolate, though, so I don't usually know what's going on with it.

Decluttering seems to be a neverending process.