Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2024

lead a snot into temptation

Did a bit more decluttering this weekend - I swear it never ends. Who knew I was such a packrat?!

This time I went through my art toys a second time and got rid of things I haven't used in *forever*. My art hobby is quite inexpensive. Pencils, pens, sketchbooks, etc. are so darn cheap.  It's easy to bring stuff home and let it sit. I swear they all get together at night and multiply.

Last weekend, Magnum and I were out for a walk and I wanted to walk passed a cute little art supply store I'd heard of but had never been to. So we walked on by and I caught a glimpse. Magnum noted that the store was open, did I want to go in?

NOPE! I'd end up bringing home something I don't need - like going to the animal shelter!


I drew this anime character on Friday during Snowday 2. I've never really drawn anime before, but I'd read that the creator of Dragonball books, show, and whatever else, died last week. 

I don't know the plot or characters of Dragonball, but I've seen them in the periphery - the weird hair, the baggy pants...

Anyways, good snowday fun.

We got a decent amount of heavy, wet snow, but not nearly as much as areas south of us. Ours was just a "normal" spring snow - about 7 inches - while I see friends to the south buried under 2+ feet. No thanks.




That bit of anime fun got me to declutter the stuff packed into my little art supply case after I discovered the cute graphic pencil I used to draw the weird-haired dude.

Now I'm just down to my faves, including the pencil. In celebration, I drew another anime weird-haired character



In the meantime, Magnum completed our 2023 tax return. I swear he has all the fun.


8 comments:

Linda Sue said...

Dennis is working on taxes while I make wadded up Kleenex looking flowers out of old crepe paper. I think we may live longer than those who do taxes! If up to me I would just go to debtors prison.
YOU , with all of the pencil skills! I would love to have hair like the second guy! It would be vermillion .

Allstarme79 said...

Meanwhile, here in Florida we got nothing but pollen! And it was warm, though tomorrow we'll be back to 30s/60s again. Nice drawings! I used to draw all the time but somewhere in my late 20s I gave it up and find I can't do it anymore.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

You are so darn talented woman!!!

Liz Hinds said...

I love your anime.

Abby said...

Linda Sue, not gonna lie. Had to look up "vermillion". You'd look marvelous.

Allstarme79, we seem to yo-yo between grey and wet/ dry and windy. The snow is practically all gone now.

Abby said...

Margaret, fun with little pencils!

Liz, I wouldn't have come up with these crazy-haired characters on my own, but they're fun to copy :)

Jeanette said...

Those drawings are very good!

Abby said...

Jeanette, aw, thanks.