Pages

Saturday, February 10, 2024

police burritos and clueless exes

Winter Bike-to-Work day was yesterday. Does your city celebrate? Do you?

I had the day off, Magnum works from home, so... figured we might as well bIkE tO wOrK.

Temperatures were in the upper 20's, no real wind, so it felt right. We should be a little chilly for WBTW for it to count. Although there were several stations around town, we only made one stop at the university campus which sported one stop shopping for a variety of stations. 


Two local restaurants battled it out for best sweet roll, one of our fave coffee shops provided gallons of warm caffeine, the city police dished out what were surprisingly good breakfast burritos, and other goodies.

As expected, it's not as big of a deal or turnout as summer bike-to-work. I sent this photo to my boss to rub in the fact that I was at bike-to-work while he and coworkers were just at work.

They promptly replied with their sweet roll/ burrito/ coffee/ juice orders.


Later in the day, I had a haircut appointment. Recall that from my last appointment, my stylist informed me of another stylist's unexpected death. Welp, the plot thickens.

The woman who died has a sister who is a stylist at the salon as well. The sister was working the chair next to me. She and my stylist filled us in that the other stylist was going through a divorce when she died. Her soon-to-be-ex returned to the house and took EVERYthing. 

Although separated, they were still married at the time of death, so I guess it's rightfully his barring any legal documentation saying otherwise? The sister stylist says she mainly wants her mother's jewelry. He took the mother's jewelry!

...PLUS, he still comes around wanting free haircuts. Of course he does. 


13 comments:

BootsandBraids said...

Typo in that last comment, but what I said was the actions of this clueless ex reminds me of a scene from the movie version of "The color purple" where the abusive ex tells his abused wife to give him a shave. Having been pushed over the edge by then, she had the razor in her hands ready to give him the last shave of his life, if you know what I mean, until the abusive ex's girlfriend read the wife's mind and stayed her hand. This clueless ex better hope the scissors don't slip when next he comes in for his free haircut.

Linda Sue said...

Stress kills apparently - scissors can do the same thing. Tread very carefully , Mr. Ex!

Abby said...

BootsandBraids, I was thinking the same thing. At the very LEAST, he won't like his haircut.

Linda Sue, karma scissors - he better look out!

Boud said...

Maybe the return of the jewelry in exchange for haircut.. negotiations being held at scissor point.

John Holton said...

So her ex-husband ran off with her mother's jewelry? And he still has the unmitigated gall to come in looking for a free haircut? I'd shave his head.

Abby said...

Boud, sounds good to me!

John, I think I'd give him a monk-do

Liz Hinds said...

Suspicious! Next time he comes in for a haircut they should pin him down in the hairdresser's chair until he agrees to hand over the jewellery.

Abby said...

Liz, I'm liking that imagery!

Allstarme79 said...

Not that this is totally related but my son had a hair appointment booked for tomorrow but his barber texted me to reschedule because he had to go to a funeral. Weird coincidence, I suppose.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Wow that is the definition of a shithead. What a horrible thing to do.
Biking to work is so cool and such a Colorado thing. Never have I heard of this. Although when living in the District everyone takes the metro or walks and some bike but I wonder if that would fly there. Hmm....got me thinkin' now.

Abby said...

Allstarme79, that is a weird coinky dink.

Peggy, our town does it up big for summer bike-to-work. As expected, winter BTW isn't as well attended, but still a good time.

Jeanette said...

Bike to work sounds fun! I don't think do anything like that around here. That hairstylist ex husband is a real jerk!

Abby said...

Jeanette, bike-to-work always has a fun positive atmoshphere about it. I wonder how many participants (like us) weren't actually going to work.