Pages

Friday, December 8, 2023

all the things you do to me

Holiday season is here, and I'm thinking about minimalism. Well, I consider myself a minimalist, so minimalism is at least in the back of my mind most of the time. We will probably do another White Elephant swap at work - lame gift version - which I'm okay with as it's mainly for entertainment purposes.

But other than that, I'm not expecting any kind of "haul" as immediate and extended family don't really do up the gifts anymore. That said, I do somewhat expect the annual "Diabetes in a Box" to arrive from Step-MIL at anytime.

This work week has been pretty busy with it being finals time. It's looking to be peak chaos on Monday, abruptly followed by crickets as Monday is the last day of finals. Boss and GrandBoss are holding interviews for the assistant boss position this afternoon, so hopefully a suitable person will be hired and on board very soon.

In the meantime, with my minimalist mindset in running mode, I thought I'd challenge myself to do all of Mama Kat's prompts this week while keeping the post minimal  - minimal max. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

1. Share a quote you love.

"No" ~ Rosa Parks


2. Write a blog post inspired by the word: new.

Someone(s) new is living next door. That's all I know.

3. November Photo Dump, share some one of your memorable photos from the month of November.




4. Best or worst gift you ever gave.

Best: [a doll for my mom]

Worst: I'm sure one exists


5. Describe how you would celebrate the holidays if it was totally up to you and money was not a factor.

Maybe go to Norway and freeze my buns off celebrating [Yule] the Scandanavian way.



9 comments:

John Holton said...

Very clever!

Liz Hinds said...

I like your minimalist approach! The White Elephant swap sounds entertaining too.

Abby said...

John, try it, you'll like it :)

Liz, the swap is fun. People clearly re-gifting crap gifts they've received.

The Happy Whisk said...

What is the White Elephant Swap?

We are doing a small gift exchange this year and some of those gifts are digital. Digital music subscription. Digital streaming service for a year.

We aren't into "stuff".

At hubby's job they do a mug thing. A mug gets filled with little candies or something else fun and that person "gets mugged" and then they pass it on with new fun things.

Abby said...

Happy Whisk, briefly, White Elephant Swap is where each person brings an anonymous gift and people take turns choosing from the pile. When it's your turn, you can either pick from the unopened, or steal something that's already been chosen. If yours gets stolen, you go again. Gifts can be stolen a max of two times. This continues until everyone has - in our case - some crap gift.
"Mugged" is a cute idea.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

We don't do gifts anymore either. Rick's had a company party and they had an Elephant swap. First time I ever did this game. I loved these glasses one of the women got so I stole those from her and she cried. I gave them back. Geez. Guess she missed the whole idea of the game.

Abby said...

Peggy, wow, she cried? Awkward much?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby, what's worse it was my husbands new job and first time I met these people. What else could I do? Yes, it was awkward. I still think about those cool glasses from William Sonoma. :-)

The Happy Whisk said...

Ooohh, okay. I've heard of that holiday gift game before. Not the name though. Sounds fun! Yeah, getting mugged. Cute. Fun to be silly for sure. Happy holidays. Cheers, Ivy.