Pages

Wednesday, November 1, 2023

all I needed for another day

Happy November! This really is my favorite time of year. I feel I started the month off right with a morning jaunt at sunrise.  Had to snap a pic of the view


... to which the cell phone, of course, does not do justice. We did get our first snow this past weekend, a decent amount - 5 inches maybe? I was NOT at all aclimated to the abrupt onset of c-c-cold, but it was pretty.

Temperatures were not too too cold last night for the trick-or-treaters, of which we only had a handful. We've got leftover candy that I can take into work. Plenty of moochers to be happy, and better to have too much than not enough. 

Work is busy as we're still short-staffed. We haven't yet hired a new assistant boss, and one of the part-timers who left a couple of months ago has not been replaced. BUT, we finally got the ball rolling on hiring the new assistant boss. I'm on the hiring committee, and we've begun getting the ducks in a row as the job was posted this week.

Oh, and #inktober2023 is done. Whew, it was fun but for the pressure to draw everyday! Not that I had to do it, but y'know when you get a good streak of something going, and it's hard to quit? 

Well, I surprised myself by getting 30/31 prompts. I only missed number 15, which was "Dagger". Not going back. I think my pens are about out of juice anyway. So - yay! New pens for me!

Anyway, another pic that I took a couple of weeks ago along the running path... before it all turns to cold and ice.


We set our clocks back this weekend (really, can't we just pick one and stick with it?!). Darkness descends.


5 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I agree with the clock BS. Hate it. I must say it is easier without working now and not having a dog who couldn't understand why she wasn't being fed yet. It's very cold here too, well cold for this area. Of course no snow, but we went from having our air conditioning on Tuesday because it was 87 to turning on our heat because it dipped to 37 at night and today it will be a balmy 50 until this weekend when it's back to 72. I'll take 72 for 9 months, then winter, then back to 72. :-)

Linda Sue said...

The first stunning photo is a cake taker for sure! You live in a place of magic! The light is astonishing. Digging your drawings as usual. Skills!,, so good.

Abby said...

Peggy, you've reminded me that the dogs are going to be a pain this weekend.

Linda Sue, that morning sky was all, "PSSST, pull over!"

Allstarme79 said...

I hate the time change. Pick one and stay there. I also hate the dark so early in the evening. It takes me forever to adjust.

Abby said...

Allstarme79, it's strange we still change the clocks. I don't know anyone who actually likes it.