Pages

Friday, October 27, 2023

numbers

Sick of inktober updates? Grab the barf bag... 


I'm still alive with it, four more prompts to go. I think a couple of my pens are running on fumes, but they'll have to hold on a little longer.

Aside from that nonsense, October has seemed to have flown by. We've got real snow forecast for the weekend, so time for everyone to demonstrate how they forgot their winter driving skills.

Halloween isn't looking too rough, weather-wise. It's difficult to gauge how much trick-or-treat activity we'll have in our neighborhood. The college had a Halloween event this past Wednesday for students and staff with young kids. I'm guessing they chose Wednesday since that was the day closest to actual Halloween with the most in-person classes going on? Before the snow comes?

Anyway, the bits I saw were pretty cute. The school's mascot is the Wolves, so the event was titled "We're Wolves!" *snort*

I have no costume, the house is not decorated. There are a few houses in the neighborhood decked out for Halloween - houses where young kids live. Our neighbors have a young daughter, and their front yard features a glowing skeletal unicorn in the style of My Little Pony that is both cute and creepy.

Here we are being lazy empty nesters.

I have to leave in a bit to go scribe a test for "Ben", the calculus student with cerebal palsy. Someone asked what would happen if I wasn't there to scribe, and I'm pretty sure that someone from the math department would be called upon to do it. I rather enjoy doing it, though, and I'm thankful to have time in the schedule. Apparently, disability services is trying out some software that can do voice-to-text for math, and I'm curious as to how good it is.

For now, it's me. From the college's point of view, I imagine I'm a pretty cheap option.


6 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I hope my comment doesn't get banned LOL
Your artwork and talent never cease to impress and amaze me. I'm jealous.

Abby said...

Peggy, oh you and your "mature content" 😁

Liz Hinds said...

I love your Inktober drawings.
I think we will turn all the lights off and hope no-one comes calling. If I buy sweets no-one will and then we will have to eat them.

Abby said...

Liz, we'll see what happens. At least if I have left over candy, I can take it to work where it'll be scarfed up in fine form.

Jeanette said...

When you don't have young kids anymore it's hard to get into Halloween!

Abby said...

Jeanette, true!