Pages

Sunday, April 9, 2023

tan lines and pelicans, nope

Happy Easter, or Ostara for the pagans, or Sunday for all. We are enjoying pleasant springtime weather to coincide with the holiday.


I enjoyed a happy morning run along the creek where I met up with tan lines and pelicans. Two firsts for the year.


The pelicans seem to be happily cohabitating with the ducks and geese of the neighborhood. But they typically don't hang around for very long


It does feel like spring fever is kicking in for many. Tutees are dragging their way, just wanting to make it to the end of the semester. That one student who had covid about a month ago is still dealing with the aftermath - secondary infections - as the semester marches on.

We watched Nope last night. Seen it? Jordan Peele movie about aliens? Or rather, more specifically, Jordan Peele movie about UAPs  or unidentified aerial phenomena. 

I guess UAP has replaced UFO as the term of choice because people connote UFO with big-eyed aliens.

Anyway, I liked the movie well enough. It was entertaining, not mind blowing, but entertaining. Likeable characters except for the... well... y'know.


3 comments:

Jeanette said...

I'll have to check that movie out. Interesting to see pelicans in a pond. I thought they only hung out at the ocean!

Abby said...

Jeanette, I used to think pelicans were strictly ocean birds. First flock I saw was in the middle of Utah, who knew? They visit around here each spring.

Allstarme79 said...

We haven't watched that one yet but I'm sure we will at some point.