Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

costuming

Mindlessly scrolling through instagram yesterday, and I came upon this:


Ain't it the truth!? 

Sometimes I'd get bored sitting in a class and get up to sharpen my pencil when unwarranted just for a change. We all did it, didn't we? And yes, it helped if the outfit was fire.

The pencil sharpener was one thing - maybe more a middle school tactic. In high school, my English teacher was quite fastidious and kept several bottles of Liquid Paper® on his desk - front and center of the classroom - handy for when we really thought we had something to share or for when checking out "feeds" from others.  Walk the "runway" to the front of the class and back under the guise of needing some Liquid Paper®. Does that even still exist?

Note: I shared the pencil sharpener meme with Magnum, he didn't get it at first. Then he assumed it was more of a girl thing.

Oh no no no. Boys definitely played that game. So Magnum said he didn't realize. He was trying not to be seen in high school. Okay, now that makes sense. 😂

These days, I stare at my closet... 

I get by with throwing together and mixing and matching the same old things, but I'm due for a shopping trip combined with a bit of closet purge.

I'm not a big fan of clothes shopping. It's so time consuming, not to mention the frustration of women's sizing.

I did, however, obtain some new shoes for running yesterday. I'd gone to the local running store a little over a week ago with the shoes I wanted already in mind.  The store was out of my size, so offered to order them in for me. 

I went in yesterday to pick them up, easy peasy. 

"Enjoy your new shoes!", the saleswoman said as the transaction completed.

"Thanks, you too", I said on my way out the door. 

Sheesh, I am bad at shopping.


7 comments:

John Holton said...

The fine folks at PaperMate are still making Liquid Paper.

I do all my clothes shopping over the Internet. Omar the Tentmaker has a website...

Abby said...

John, Ha!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I despise clothes shopping. Why is it that sizing is so off the mark? But shoes are not!! Thankfully. And yes to everything you said about the shapener!!

Danielle L Zecher said...

I don't enjoy shopping for clothes, either. Or shoes. Fortunately, I mostly wear polo shirts for work (and a lot on the weekends) so once I find the right size in a brand, I tend to order them online in lots of different colors. Shoe shopping isn't fun because I'm an 11.5 narrow, which is very hard to find. Enjoy your new running shoes!

Abby said...

Peggy, right? This is why I don't like to shop for clothes online, because who knows what's gonna show up?!

Danielle, it is good to find a brand and style that works, then stick to it. Sometimes, I wish we had uniforms for work - flattering ones 😕

Jeanette said...

I remember a boy I liked had a seat right by the pencil sharpener so I sharpened my pencils a lot!

Abby said...

Jeanette, strategic sharpening!