Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2022

slowly closing in


We've made it to the last day of 2022. It's handy to have a blog so I'm able to dig around and see what just happened. 


Before ripping out the old calendar, I will summarize with an oh-so-exciting look back.



We did our first winter bike-to-work day. Cold day, but the coffee and sweet rolls were warm and worth it. Ran into Wolfgang for a win.
Meego graduated college. WHOOP!





Magnum and I took a trip to Taos, NM and stayed in an Earthship. Interesting structures, desolate landscape.
Summer bike-to-work day. *Note:  on neither of these bike-to-work days was I actually scheduled to work*






We did a family trip to Steamboat Springs, CO. I'd never been there before. Lovely place.












Other things I discovered in my archive dig:
  • The entire family got COVID around the same time.
  • I began tutoring for the college in addition to my part-time admin job and like it
  • We attended our first Tour de Fat and first Tour de Corgi 🐶
  • I completed *most of* Inktober '22
  • I raced against the mayor on Thanksgiving day and won

Okay, enough of that business. Move on!

8 comments:

ShadowRun300 said...

Happy New Year to you all! Best wishes to Chaco for a speedy recovery, and here’s to a happy, healthy, prosperous 2023!

Jeanette said...

Looks like a great year! Happy New Year to you and yours and I hope this next year is a great one too!

Linda Sue said...

only bummer - covid, but you had a splendid year!! I love the sculptures in first photo, relatable.
I am sure that 2023 will be just right- it is not an election year, we are all vaccinated and vitamined, we good! You are doing this life thing like a pro!

Abby said...

SR300, Hi! I hope you and your family had a nice Christmas! Back atcha for 2023! Thanks for the well wishes for Chaco :)

Jeanette, another good year with much to be thankful for. Happy New Year to you!

Linda Sue, I made three good friends at that sculpture garden.
Stay healthy and sane in '23!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Happy New Year!!

Abby said...

Peggy, back atcha!

Chatty Crone said...

Hello - well it looks like you had a wonderful year. Congrats on the graduation.
I never have seen an earthship - I didn't know they existed.
My husband a year ago almost died from Heart Failure but he experienced a miracle and is doing better.
Then we too - all four of us got Covid at the exact same time.
So for this year I just want peace and good health and I wish that for you too.

Abby said...

Chatty, wow, so glad your husband is on the mend! Peace and good health to you too!