Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2022

repair and refresh

Christmas '22 has come and gone. I took down my sparse decorations on Tuesday, and we're back to darkness. We had a nice gathering, just us five. Thankfully, no one was having to fly to get here.


Chaco has been here since last Wednesday evening. Drove up in a blizzard and had elective shoulder surgery on arctic blast Thursday morning: Bankart repair after repeated shoulder dislocations. 

So we've become somewhat educated on arthroscopy and shoulder bits. It's been a week, and he'll likely return to his place tomorrow. Know anyone in Westminster that will shovel snow on demand?



The weather did greatly improve after the polar vortex, the bombogenesis, whatever the term. Temperatures mellowed out and most of the snow is gone, only to be replaced by another little spitting last night.

Work starts up again next Tuesday, then classes begin - heralding in new tutees - in mid-January. I feel a bit stagnant in the testing center. There's not much more to learn, and I have no wishes to "move up". The job functions as a steady trickle of income and 401k eligibility, so I remind myself that it's serving that purpose just fine. 

Our little workplace gift swap didn't happen since the campus closed a day early. I don't think anyone was particularly disappointed about that. It would've been a swap of re-gift items. Scented candles galore, I'm sure.

And yes, Boss did end up getting that promotion, so we'll see what happens. I was voicing my workplace ennui to Party Girl recently, and she offered that maybe that will change for the better when Boss moves to his new digs. Maybe? She's counting on it for herself. 

Here's to a happy new year all around 🍾



3 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

This week between Xmas and New Years is weird to me. Even though I am not going back to work after the holiday I'm still in that mode you know?

We are back in the high 50s and 60s. Whew. Glad I no longer live on Lake Erie though that is for certain. Those poor people in Buffalo!!

Linda Sue said...

Fingers crossed you get a new party boss! Preferably female with a grand sense of humor and generosity. Oh, that would be YOU!!!
OUCH shoulder fixing!! that can not be pleasant.

Abby said...

Peggy, it's difficult to leave a mode you were in for so long. Buffalo is "used to" harsh winter weather, but I bet that storm sends some people packing!

Linda Sue, Ha, me as party boss! Actually, I might've considered Boss's job with the right package, but I'm pretty sure Assistant Boss wants it, and I know I don't want Assistant Boss's job :P
Shoulder fixing requires much patience. Chaco's better at it than me.