Pages

Monday, December 5, 2022

playing catch up

Hello, December!

Another busy week down. Finals begin this week at the college. High anxiety time. These days, there are all these stressbusters in place: puppies, free treats, free yoga, etc. Sheesh, when I was in college, we tempered stress by studying and abusing substances on our own dime.

In other work related news, my boss is up for a promotion.  Similar role, but bigger crown. I hope he gets the job because (1) I think he'd be highly effective at it, and (2) if selected, his office would be at another campus.

I would still work for him, and as I've said here before - I like working FOR my boss, but I don't necessarily like working WITH him a lot of the time. He talks SO much about himself and his special interests (which aren't very interesting). So if he is the chosen one, it's the best of both worlds for me, and his maybe-promotion is all about me.

The selection process will take a while, but I'm over here rooting for him. He actually asked me to go over his cover letter and tighten it up a bit. You know I did my best!


The weekend was good. I had a PEO meeting on Saturday and then another Tortoise and Hare race on Sunday. This one was a 6k, so about 3.7 miles. 

The nature of these T&H races is such that "the fastest person doesn't always win". In fact, the fastest person rarely wins.

Likely winners are those who improve over their previous race. Last year, the one who took the grand prize at the end of the season was a 7-year-old kid.

But it's still a race, so naturally, everyone wants to know who's the fastest. Sorting the results always pulls up the same bunch.


Always those whipper snapper high school cross country kids. Oh, to be young again.



No comments: