Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

do you tell 'em?

Do you speak of it? Disclose? Open that can of worms?

Magnum and I were talking about "icebreaker" situations - like the opening of a workshop or a class - where everyone is prompted to "tell us one/ some of your hobbies".  Or maybe it's just while sitting in the chair at the salon, meeting new coworkers, etc.

I always feel kind of "uh boy" in those situations. Around here, there's a lot of outdoorsy stuff: hiking, skiing, biking, etc. and that's fine, but what about the non-physical-exertion stuff? 

Do you tell people that you have a blog? That you like to blog and read other blogs?

For me, oh heck no.

Thinking of what I've heard from others, aside from the outdoorsy stuff, there's gardening (yes, I know that's typically outdoors), maybe scrapbooking, knitting, reading (vague), gaming (not big with the crowd I'm usually asked to share with, other than maybe Candy Crush, whatever the hell that is...)

I don't recall anyone ever mentioning blogging or even journaling. Yet here we are.

Fact is, I feel kind of strange about mentioning that I have a blog to a real-life person. Maybe it's because I don't want to deal with the potential follow-up questions. Or I just don't want real-life acquaintances coming to visit!

Anyhoo, last week, Linda Sue asked, "From where do you blog?", so here goes.


When we first looked at this house as a potential rental, this room was unfinished - cold, neglected, with a naked cement floor - in the lower corner of the garden-level.  By the time we moved in, the landlords had, most likely, DIYed it into what could be counted as a bedroom. We rented, then eventually ended up buying the house.

The room has a small closet, decent enough carpeting, and an acoustic tile ceiling - minus one light panel that the cat took out, but that's another story.

Not really a she-shed, but most certainly not a man cave. It's more of a "She-Cave". My she-cave.

I hung some shelves, a corkboard, and a whiteboard and moved on in. The drawing table is only there when inktobering or similar, but I include it here for the photo shoot.



The room is rather small, and I'm currently unable to close the closet doors because of the closet's use for meaningful storage, but it's cozy enough and I like having the big window: overcast skies, snow falling.

That's it. My office. My studio. My she cave. 

Don't tell.


4 comments:

Linda Sue said...

Your space is entirely tidy!! you could do surgery in there! I admire that as I am quite the most impossible opposite!
Going around he circle of introduction in those situations , I generally have to go to the ladies room until it is over. "I did not come here for this". If I tell strangers that I have a blog I am afraid they will look it up and find me! NO!!! MYOB!

Abby said...

Linda Sue, my thoughts exactly on blog disclosure! Now I'm gonna be suspicious of anyone who answers, "crocheting" or the like. Yeah, riiiiiight.

*notices papers on the desktop are a bit askew in that photo* NO!!

Jeanette said...

Only a few people know I have a blog. I'm shy to tell people for some reason!

Abby said...

Jeanette, same here. Seems ironic to happily come here and overshare on the internet, but admit it to a "live" person? NOooooo!