Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2022

plumage

Another week deeper into Fall. I think I've raked my last pile of leaves. I hope.

I came across this photo from last week's Tortoise and Hare 5k - at the start line with my (#728) wave mates. I didn't remember that young girl in the group - maybe because she's not much shorter than me, and maybe because I was blinded by fluorescent tights guy.


But, speaking of running tights and the color "plum", by George, I'd say plum is the color of my running tights here. They're neither grey nor purple, so "plum" it is, just like the cat! So glad to have come to that conclusion. Finally.

Okay, enough excitement. This week featured some adjustment to the time change. Coming home at 5pm is dark now. I have front and rear lights on my bicycle, but their main function is to allow others to see me. They don't work so great as to helping me see where I'm going. For that, I use a headlight - like a coal miner. 

Who knew I'd need one for 5pm? Not me. Not LAST week anyway. 

I know now.


7 comments:

Linda Sue said...

yes, I would say that your running tights are cat color.

Abby said...

Linda Sue, Napolion agrees.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I don't run unless being chased and I haven't been on a bike in about 20 years but I too have a knit cap with a light on it like a coal miner. why you ask? Because I had a dog who had to go at night or in the morning before there was light and that light was a godsend. At first everyone made fun of me until I saw a young neighbor out with her dog at 5AM. She then said, "wow that is really helpful isn't it? Where did you get it" So I get your headlight. Nice to see where you are going when in the dark. Pitiful that it's dark at 5pm though. I am not a fan of day saving time.

Jeanette said...

Wow! I can see why you would be blinded by that guys pants. You definitely wouldn't miss him on a dark street!

Abby said...

Peggy, I remember watching The Walking Dead, and they'd be checking around a dark place with flashlights in their mouths (because they had weapons in their hands). I'd be thinking, even a zombie apocalypse has headlights, right?

Jeanette, I spotted that guy and his pants as soon as I arrived at the park.

LL Cool Joe said...

Geez those fluorescent tights are something else. I bet he got them cheap in Walmart. I'm glad he had the sense to cover his crotch with his hands.

Abby said...

LL Cool Joe, I was thinking the same thing about fluorescent guy's strategically placed hands. I think he's starting his stopwatch. Kudos to the photographer's timing!