Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2022

for the moment

And so... the holiday week comes to a close. We woke to grey skies and a fresh dusting of wet snow/slush. Maybe Mother Nature herself is reluctant to rush back to the rat race.

It makes for nice running weather, though, and I enjoyed a quiet morning slog along the creek once again. I thought I'd give some blog homage to the ducks since the geese typically hog the glory, but this pair didn't seem too willing.


A nice week it was, what with Thanksgiving and all. Sadly, Meego missed the festivities here as he is dealing with the annoying-virus-but-not-COVID that is currently worming its way through the community. He decided to keep his contagion to himself, while we four remainders did our thing.

Additionally, Magnum and I had birthdays this week. No fanfare to be had, just acknowledgement that we each survived yet another year.

Speaking of aging, race results eventually came in for that Thanksgiving day run. I learned that the mayor is the same age as me, and we both made decent showings for our old lady age division. Until next year, Mrs. Mayor!


And speaking of birthdays, I must give a shout out to my friend and PEO sis, Maxine, who turned 101 this week! Still going strong! She's been on the earth a long time and has seen some stuff!


Her family appropriately threw a 101 Dalmatians birthday party for her, but know that she is no Cruella!


Personally, I have no real desire to live to be 101. What year is appropriate for Hello Kitty?

4 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh 101 doesn't appeal to me either.
I only wish to live as long as I am strong mentally and physically and some days I fear that is not far away. LOL

Happy Belated Birthday!!

Abby said...

Peggy, same here on the long living!

Jeanette said...

I would only want to live to be 101 if I was still active and of sound mind! Otherwise, no thanks! I love the 101 Dalmatians party and she looks like a sweetheart! Have a good week!

Abby said...

Jeanette, same here. Maxine's pretty amazing - knowledgeable of all of her various kids, grandkids, great-grandkids... and their interests!