Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2022

bright outside

It seems like, around here, we're often, "geez, we need some snow", then when it happens, we're, "Ugh, snow".

We got our first appreciable snow of the season this week. It mucked up the roads and caused early closures and delays, but was only a few inches. It's that first snow when everyone has to remember what to do.

My goose friends are still hanging around. I dodged ice patches during a run on the pathway this morning, and found this gang having a morning gossip sesh.


I'm thankful for the sunshine and warmer temperatures forecast to melt some of the ice leftovers. I walked to work on Thursday and Friday because I don't like riding my bicycle on snow and ice and road vomit. The walk is under two miles, but SO slow. It teaches me patience, not one of my virtues.

I'm looking forward to a mellow, short workweek. The students have the week off, certain services, including us in testing, are open through Wednesday. I appreciate people and services that are open through holiday "breaks". My previous job at the nursing home helps me appreciate not being on a holiday schedule rotation. 

Stay warm!


4 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

no snow here. But boy it's cold. 23 degrees last night and my plants died. Ah, winter is upon us. Last year at this time it was very warm. It's a high of 54 but in the morning it's darn cold - I've moved my walks to 10am since I no longer am employed. It's a bit warmer and the sun is bright and I've convinced myself if I'm walking 2 miles it doesn't matter at what time I do it, just so I do it! I'm working up to 3 miles as I used to do before chemo. I'm getting there! Amazing how far your body can fall after 6.5 months of being vertical and the ravages of chemo and other assorted drugs. but next year I'll be back!!! You've been warned.😀

Abby said...

Peggy, oh I'm sure 6.5 months of your regimen would be a lot to come back from. You go!

LL Cool Joe said...

Snow always looks beautiful through the window when you a sitting inside with a fridge full of food and no place to go. The rest of the time it's a pain in the arse. We have wind and rain, and it's cold.

Abby said...

LL Cool Joe, snow is pretty... sometimes. I have to remind myself that we need snow to have water later.
The geese don't seem to mind it.