Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2022

gotta let it go

Coming off a string of dud movies here. I'm not even going to mention any titles, but we've watched four bad movies in a row, and I don't like to think about the ~8 hours of my life gone to them. Actually, I got in some good napping for a couple, so not all went to waste.




I did manage a couple of decent-to-me books this month, however. "Every Last Word" pretty sure is categorized YA, but it's a good story about a teenaged girl, tiring of the pressure to be popular, who links up with some "misfit" kids and their secret poetry sessions. The story featured a surprising twist I did NOT see coming. 




I also read "Stolen", a novel which shed some light and gave an interesting take on Stockholm syndrome. I can now totally see how that's a thing.








I'll also mention that I'm blogging from my shiny new laptop. My old desktop was crashing often, requiring much TLC. Like an old person, it would lose its train of thought and just freeze, staring off into space for long moments. 

Plus, I think I mentioned how I didn't like all the space the granny computer took up on my desk, so I chucked it all into storage a couple of weeks ago and had been managing with a chromebook. Best Buy had an "early black friday" sale this weekend, so I went in and got me a deal, according to the salesperson. So far, I like!

Another busy workweek as I definitely notice an increase in in-person enrollment over last year when we were still masked and requiring COVID vaccinations. Speaking of which, I have several ineffective cloth masks from the early days of the pandemic, and I'm sure I'm not alone. What to do with 'em?

And now, inktober 2022 is coming to an end. I managed to keep my head just above water this week with four more participatory inktobers. It's been fun. Maybe I'll pick up the prompts I didn't get to in upcoming weeks (pfffft, I say that every year...)



3 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I have a ton of those flimsy masks too. I can't bring myself to toss 'em but I'm not using them. My doctor's office and my Duke Medical for my eye all require masks. I asked my doc at Duke if we'd ever be without them and he said he didn't think so. So I will hold on just in case.

betty said...

I like all your inktobers, but I do like the snack one in the 4 you shared today :) I'm not sure I could ever give up my desktop. I like the ease of writing on a "big" keyboard. I never used cloth masks (well had a few) so I can't help you on figuring out what to do with them. Honestly, I was a terrible mask wearer. I didn't take proper care of them etc (shhhh, don't tell anyone that :)

betty

Abby said...

Peggy, yeah, we have boxes of the procedure masks since cloth is caput.

Betty, I do have to get used to the limited keyboard, but I'm loving the extra surface area