Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2022

we know you love a party

This was another good week as we head to the end of September already. Dogs outnumbered us as we "boarded" Chaco's dog, Ella, while Chaco traveled for work. He's acknowledging that he needs to find a place to board her when he travels, but she's particular about where she'll hang out and with whom.

In the meantime, we're glad to help out, and the dogs have a good time together, but three energetic dogs don't come without exertion. Plus, the cat is not a fan, but he gets in his "free range" time when the dogs are outside. We have a kennel for them in the backyard. Ella stands on the dog houses and sends subliminal messages to be let out to run around or back into the house.

Let me oooooooouuuuuuuuttttttttt

Things at work are looking up. Boss put the word out about our staffing shortage since whats-her-face quit without notice right after being hired. He got a good response from a few part-time instructors looking for more hours and hired two of them. I met one of them last week, and another will start tomorrow. We also got a new work study student on board. In hindsight, we all think we dodged a bullet when whats-her-face left. She looked good on paper and interviewed well enough, but seemed a bit "off", for lack of a better term. 

Coworker Party Girl is doing a "dry September". I honestly think she's a functioning alcoholic. Her husband, Mr. Party Girl, probably is too. Her doctor has told her to cut back (drastically), but you know it's bad when even her drinking buddies tell her she drinks too much. 

She and husband accomplished Dry January of this year, but she was miserable despite having one (pre-planned) drinking weekend. I'm not sure what prompted Dry September. She did confess that she and the Mr. agreed to do it together, but would allow drinks on Fridays to make it more bearable than January was. 

It must be tough being a slave to a substance.

*slurps coffee*


5 comments:

Jeanette said...

LOL! Yes, tough but coffee is so much better for you!

betty said...

Here's hoping your coworker makes it though the month completely dry. I think it is good for one's will power! We always do dry Januarys here to drop those pesky holiday pounds :) I like the kennel for the dogs. Looks roomy! Glad the "office" is filling the vacancies and always good to not have an employee around that potentially can cause trouble or be trouble. I know, how can September be winding down already? It "just" was Labor Day!

betty

Abby said...

Jeanette, I would quit the coffee if it was as bad as alcohol!

Betty, Party Girl has stated she's not interested in longevity. She does care about her appearance, however, so that might be her motivation.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

wow. that is sad about party girl. I haven't had a cocktail in 6 months and I admit I can't wait but I don't think I have a problem yet. It wasn't difficult not to drink. I also gave up coffee for 2 months. That was difficult but I did it. I just am back to coffee just not 5 cups a day. :-)

Abby said...

Peggy, good for you putting the booze aside for the time being. Party Girl shared her exploits from this past pre-planned "cheat" weekend. She's worse than I'd thought.