Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2022

wannabe nobody with my thoughts in my room

My office/ studio/ space is the smallest room in the house - not counting the bathrooms.  I liken it to Harry Potter's bedroom under the stairs


but it's really not that small.  I don't have exact measurements, but I'm sitting in it now, and I'd guesstimate it to be about 10 feet by 8 feet.  And there's a nice big window looking into our back yard. 

It was feeling cramped and cluttered, so this week, I've been giving it the Marie Kondo treatment. It's not quite to my liking just yet - mainly because I'm sitting here typing about it instead of finishing off the decluttering and organizing - but it's got potential.

Happy first day of May.  I guess I have a "spring cleaning" bug.  I've already done smaller Kondo-izing with some kitchen cabinets and my clothes closet.  

In other organizing news, I had my annual blood screening this week.  Results came back all green, no yellows or reds, so we're keeping that drive alive.  Prior to my appointment, the website and confirmation emails stressed their mask requirement.

I arrived on time, properly masked (almost forgot) only to find none of the employees were masked.  Okay.  Similar thing happened a couple of times I rode the university transit buses recently.  Masks are still "required", but hardly a mask in sight - even on the drivers.  I wonder what airplanes are like?

Personally, I don't feel a need for a mask as long as I feel fine and carry little likelihood of spreading anything.  I only wear one when required... but find myself the odd one out in those situations.  I guess I'm not the rebel I thought I was.

We'll probably go out for a coffee walk soon.  I'll make sure to jaywalk at some point.



7 comments:

BootsandBraids said...

It appears people are thinking this pandemic is over, even though there's been an upsurge of hospitalization in Los Angeles, and have dispensed with masks. I'm still wearing mine even if no one else does. Besides, my masks are too pretty to not wear :-)

betty said...

You go girl with the jay walking lol :) I heard others write about the Kondo method of decluttering. If it works for you, go for it :) I am not sure what if anything is required of a mask these days here. I just go with the flow. If someone/something says do it, I will. Otherwise the mask stays put :) Great that the annual blood work came back looking pretty darn good! That is a plus indeed!

betty

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

That space you call above Harry Potters bedroom? I made that a wine cellar in my last home. It was perfect. As far as masks no one weas them except at my doctors office. Unless you want to. And me of course with a compromised immune system.

Abby said...

BootsandBraids, it seems many have changed "required" to "optional".

Betty, I love a good Kondo-ing. Very cleansing.

Abby said...

Peggy, the house where I grew up had a closet under the stairway like that. I had a dream when about it when I was a kid - like it was the entrance to heaven??
It's very rare to see masks anywhere around here anymore.

Jeanette said...

If I walk into an area where they say masks are required and most people aren't wearing one I will take mine off. The only place I've seen masks required and enforced anymore is my doctor's office.

Abby said...

Jeanette, that's pretty much my "policy" too. I was surprised the blood employees weren't wearing masks.