Pages

Friday, August 27, 2021

surprised?

It's early afternoon, Friday, and I'm a bit surprised at how unproductive I've been so far. I currently have Fridays off and thought I would get some yardwork done.  It's hot, though... blah blah blah whine whine whine.

I've mentioned that school has started up here.  Colleges and universities started classes this week.  It's nice to have so much activity on campus at work - everyone all gung ho and motivated, supposedly.  Our vaccination numbers are relatively high, and we still have the campus-wide  mask mandate.  I've not heard of any complaints.

So  no big surprises with the start of the semester and otherwise. A few small ones maybe:

Merlin and Napolion,
the neighborhood Karens



We've put  our pooch, Merlin, on a diet.  At 70 lbs., he was about 10 over what he should be.  I think he's gotten leaner, and he's still chipping away. 

It's surprising since he was a 35-pound bag o' bones when we got him.  I guess he's been making up for lost time and calories. 




Speaking of dogs, I asked my boss if we allow service animals for clients at work.  The answer is yes, but specifically dogs and miniature horses.  Nothing else.  

Miniature horses are the one ADA exception to service animals other than dogs.  Oh, how I hope someone comes in with one!

I have noticed increased traffic while going in to work in the mornings - bike traffic, somewhat surprisingly.  Fort Collins is a very bike-friendly city, but we still have our challenges with car traffic.  

It's nice to pedal along with the youngsters in the mornings, but I'd say they need more parking!

SOURCE

And along with parking and pets, I bought Napolion a new litter box today.  This one has supremely high walls.  When we cat sat Wolfgang's Maisey a couple weeks ago, I was instantly enamored with her glorious litter box.

The one I got for Napolion isn't quite as majestic as Maisey's, but pretty darn close.  I've got it all set up within my view as I type.


I'm quite surprised at how much I'm anticipating Napolion's first gander at the thing.  


Where's that cat when I need him?








--------------------------------------------------------------------

Linking up with Mama Kat this week for the prompt:

3. Share about a time you felt surprised.


3 comments:

Linda Sue said...

The Karens at the window, hahaha. They have serious work to do keeping it all in order. I have put on at least one dog size during the past year. BOOMPH!
I want a service pony, please.

betty said...

I remember when we put our first corgi on a diet. He was 43 pounds, a bit overweight. Since he was used to getting treats from me, I was also on a diet. He dropped weight much faster than I did :)

If you ever see a service pony, please do post a picture. I think that would be awesome!

betty

Abby said...

Linda Sue, Merlin's Karenizing helps keep his mind of the food, I suppose.

Betty, ever since I heard service ponies are a thing, I'm on the lookout!