Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2021

this some good pot


I gifted myself this cutesy teapot this week.  It's the teapot I didn't know I needed.  

It holds about 28 fluid ounces. Comes with a trivet and basket infuser insert.  It's cast iron with a ceramic finish on the inside, so tea stays hot for a good long time and I can reheat it on the stove. 

Really, it's the bomb. I drink tea daily, and now with this, I may just give up coffee.

HAHAHA!... just kidding.

But still.  

I included my glasses for scale and contrast.  Contrast because I'm not as happy with my glasses as with the awesome teapot.


Supposedly, the top of my lenses are for distance vision, the middle sweet spot is for arms-length to middle distance, and the bottom portion is for close up.  

I think they work okay for distance vision, but it's a literal pain in the neck going for the arms length and closer.  Why can't I just have the eyes of my youth that worked for everything?  Is that so much to ask??

I have an old pair of prescription glasses from about 10 years ago that are better for when I'm on my computer, like now.  I'm thinking I'll bring these old glasses to work with me until I get an eye exam, for which I'm overdue, and ask for some single-vision lenses.  

The college president announced that, as of July 1st, we will no longer require masks be worn in campus buildings.  I don't plan to wear a mask anymore, and our boss said he probably won't either.  

I think one of my coworkers is a little pensive about germs, but the rest of us are ready to free our faces and work with other freed faces - coworkers and customers alike.  No more this:


.

Onto the next - clear glasses that only get fogged from my delightful hot tea.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Linking up this week with Mama Kat for the prompt:

4. Write a blog post inspired by the word: next

8 comments:

Linda Sue said...

That tea pot is the bomb!! WOW ,too cool! I love it! As eye sight goes, we just do what we can, i finally got two pair, one for computer and the other for everything else. Finally it is working well for me, though to read normal print i must wear readers on top of glasses. Still wearing masks but it is voluntary. I will keep my germs to myself thank you.

Brian said...

Here in NY the mask mandate for vaccinated people was dropped a few weeks ago. At first it felt a little weird walking into a grocery store with no mask on. But!! It was easy to get re-accustomed to. Actually feels pretty normal now.

Abby said...

Linda, I think that's what I'll end up doing - two pairs of glasses, different prescriptions. Whatta racket. I think I'm done with the 3-way transitions.

Brian, Colorado also dropped the mask requirement a while back. Colleges and universities hung on a little longer. Health care facilities will be the last to go, I'm sure. I thought it would feel weird entering maskless into the grocery stores, etc., but nope! Took hardly any time to feel "normal".

betty said...

That teapot is so cute!! I'm glad you decided to treat yourself to it! My husband hates his "transitional" glasses. I've learned to like mine and adjusted much quicker to them than he did. But I totally agree with you about the glasses fogging up while wearing a mask. Mask rules have eased up here significantly. No longer are there signs at stores, restaurants etc that a mask is required. We still wear them at work when moving around "common areas". I'm cool with that. I had to laugh the other day when I was getting health screened at work. My mask was under my chin and when I stepped up to get my temperature checked the machine said "please wear a mask." Because "she" asked so politely, I complied :)

betty

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

That is a very nice tea pot. Being in Colorado you knew my mind went somewhere else by your title. :-)
Cast iron would be perfection for holding in the hot.
Now I wish I drank tea.

Abby, I hate my 3 vision glass/progressive. I see far away from the top, the middle is the computer and the bottom is reading. I am forever moving my head up and down like I am mentally challenged to hit the right spot. I have to have a new appointment for new lens so I am going to spend the money on 2 pairs of glasses. One for computer. The other for driving and reading. Far easier for me. I don't know how others do it. Perhaps I am mentally challenged and I just don't like looking like it. :-)

Abby said...

betty, the transitionals didn't bother me so much for the last couple of years, but now that I use a computer more at work - whatta pain!
Well, at least your temperature machine asked nicely :)

Peggy, so that makes three of us here that opt for two different eyeglass prescriptions. Magnum also has a pair just for work. We can't be the only ones, and now I don't feel like such a whiner!

LauraBelle said...

I particularly like the color of your new teapot!

KatBouska said...

I love the teapot! Kind of makes me wish I was a tea drinker. Why can't coffee look that cute? And yay for the mask mandate lifting. I'm so tired of them too!