Pages

Monday, April 5, 2021

I wonder if it hurt

Sun is shining, birds are chirping, happy April!  Yesterday, I swapped  out those studly snow tires for summer tires on my bicycle, and things are so smooth and quiet now.  Of course, I've jinxed everything by doing so, and we'll get another dumping of snow anytime now.

But I'm feeling optimistic as more and more people are getting the COVID vaccine.  Anyone here over the age of 16 is now eligible, and good luck getting scheduled.  Chaco stopped by on Friday as he became eligible a few weeks ago for work.  He was able to schedule his shot here in FoCo, about an hour away from where he lives, as it was the closest he was able to get.  All things considered, I'm glad I got vaccinated at work.

As of yet, I haven't noticed any major fallout from the vaccine requirement where I work, although I know we lost a few people from every department.  I've seen some new faces around, and we're training a handful in my department, but I was nervous that the place would be really shorthanded.  To be honest, the place is often short staffed, but I haven't noticed it being any worse than usual!

And speaking of work... geez, I'm almost afraid to blog about this but... we have this new resident in rehab.

I was headed to her room one day last week when a coworker stopped me and said, in a bit of a mumble whisper,

"I swear she has a teardrop tattoo under her left eye.  Check it out, but don't be obvious!"

And I was all, "Whaaaaat?!"

Okay, so I went to her room and had a brief exchange with her.  Hot dang if she did in fact have a full on teardrop tattoo under her left eye.  Wasn't a mole or a birthmark, etc.  It is most surely a tattoo.  I'm guessing she's in her mid to late 70's.  Not gonna lie, she does have a certain "tough chick" vibe about her.

So we get all speculating.  Could be solidarity for a loved one in prison, could be for the loss of a loved one through violence, could be that she killed someone while in prison!

Of course we're dying(!) to know, but don't dare ask.  

Our facility has two areas - physical rehab, in which patients typically stay only temporarily; and long term care, which is a nursing home where residents spend the remainder of their lives.  Occasionally, a rehab patient will move to long term care instead of going back to their previous home.

If teardrop lady becomes a permanent resident, I'm so gonna ask about the tattoo.  

I think.



5 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

As I was reading this I am saying to now one in my room, ask her, just ask her! I'd have to say something like, is that a tear drop on your eye? She may just spill her guts from that. Boy that had to hurt. I bet she'll spill, she must be asked about it a lot - I mean she put it on her face - what did she think we were gonna do? Ignore it?🧐
then of course you fill us in Abby.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby that was No One, Not Now One. sorry

Linda Sue said...

I agree, it's on her face!! Not a secret garden place...I would ask right off the bat, never mind the hit men in her closet.

John Holton said...

I'd get to know her a little first...

Abby said...

Peggy, I'm so curious, and if it were a tattoo of anything else, I'd ask! If I get the nerve to find out, y'all will know - unless she "takes care" of me.

Linda Sue, I'm pretty sure I could take her if violence were to ensue, but it's the "hit men in the closet" that make me wary!

John, sound advice!