Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

foster feet

Later today, I'm off to the dentist to sheepishly get fitted for another fake tooth.  Please tell me I'm not the only one whose dog ate their original.

This morning, I went to the gym, which is about a mile away.  I felt like walking to/from instead of riding my bike, so that's what I did.  As I was returning home, I saw a guy out for a run on the other side of the street.  He was sort of prancing/running, like he was working on his form or something.

Then I noticed his bright shoes and figured he was breaking in a new pair by overemphasizing things, getting a good feel.  Kinda high-steppin' it.

Back at home, I opened my instagram and saw that a local running store had some shoes for demo.  Get a pair, put them through your paces, bring them back and report.  Free.  On closer inspection, I was pretty sure they were the shoes prancing guy was wearing this morning - conducting research for his demo survey for the store, most likely.

So of course I had to join the fun and bring home a pair for myself.  It's like being a foster mom.  For shoes?

What will they tell me?

I checked online and learned they retail for $130.  Buyers can pay in 4 easy payments of $32.50.  And now I'm wondering, WHO makes shoe payments??  I won't even do car payments.

Anyway, I'm caring for them until Sunday when I will report back on their disposition and what kind of home would suit them.

Until then, I must keep the dogs from eating them.  Pretty sure I can't use HSA money for foster shoes.




8 comments:

Linda Sue said...

You are the perfect tester of the shoe looking for forever home...That is a lot to pay for a sneaker but I am out of touch, what do I know. I were halflingers all the time. I do not run. By the way, you are a gorgeous person!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

When I opened this post I saw something against your ear and thought it was romaine lettuce. Then I began to read and then got to the picture and cracked myself up - of course it's the shoes, lettuce makes no sense unless Abby has lost her mind. (no just her reader Peg)

As for payments, I think it's like layaway for some who can't afford it. I have a friend who did that with something for her kids. So think of it as layaway.
You are the perfect person to do this too. Can you keep these when you are done or do you have to buy them? It seems to me they should be free to you for your input. So tell 'em I said that...tee hee. I'm sure then you'll get them for free.

Brian said...

For $130 you SHOULD be able to use those shoes like a phone. Reminds me of that old show "Get Smart". You look like Agent 99 answering Max's shoe!

Abby said...

Linda Sue, aw thanks. And I had to google "halflingers" :)

Peggy, okay, I suppose layaway makes sense.
We can demo the shoes and then complete a survey on our experience for a chance to get to keep them. I will be sure to mention their resemblance to romaine lettuce :D

Brian, oh yea, I remember Get Smart and the phone shoes!

Tee said...

I'm curious how you'll rate the shoes. I was just looking to replace my shoes and when I looked online for the "best walking shoes," Hoka was one of the top recommendations. I ended up going with a more familiar brand, but I'm still curious about the Hokas.

Abby said...

Tee, a lot of people where I work wear Hokas as we're on our feet all day. When I first saw them years ago, I thought they looked like Minnie Mouse shoes, but they're very comfy. I'm enjoying my demo runs. Pricey though!

ShadowRun300 said...

Thought I should take a minute to say hi. I come by all the time, but rarely feel coherent enough to comment. My life is so crazy these days, which makes visiting you that much better.
So you’re liking the Hoka’s? Ive heard great things about them. I don’t run as much as I’d like to, but I still got it in me! And always looking for a good pair of shooz. :)

Abby said...

SR300, hey you! Thanks for stopping by!
I do like the Hokas. They look bulky, but are surprisingly lightweight and nicely neutral. A little more shoo than what I usually prefer, but I wouldn't be disappointed if I managed to win a free pair :)