Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2021

good morning

I'm sitting here enjoying some coffee while catching up on a few blogs.  I had an enjoyable morning run and am just chilling, post shower and breakfast

So what?

Well, my work schedule is different now, and I think I like this better.  I used to work early morning until early afternoon.  Now, I'm late morning until early evening.  I'm 40 hours a week instead of 30, but I feel like I'm more productive, both at and away from work, because of these lazy mornings.   Then again, it's only been a coupla days.  Give it time...

It's nice to see visitors at the nursing home.  I've been there since September 2020, so don't know of anything pre-pandemic.  Most of my young charges who work the evenings are high school or college students, all girls.  While they're great with the residents, they are clearly enjoying young visitors, particularly grandsons!

One of the girls said a rehab patient asked her if she's married.  She's not.

"Oh, not into guys?", he asked.

"I'm seventeen", she deadpanned.


We pondered his ignorance and inappropriateness.  Was he hitting on her? Probably, it happens frequently (with absolutely NO chance of anything coming of it...)  

Maybe it's these guys getting bolder near the end, or having their minds make them think they're young again.  Or a little of both.



Why assume only two options?  Married or not into guys?  Women have many opportunities for fulfillment these days, most seventeen-year-olds know that.

They just need to remember that, now that the grandsons are here.


4 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

These old folks are the generation that told me I could be a teacher or a nurse or a wife. Those were my only options. Geez Louise that is frightening!! Nothing better than a lazy morning if you ask me I can't wait to get them for more than a Sunday

Abby said...

Peggy, yup, definitely a generational thing that I'm glad we're getting away from!
I'm here cheering you on towards many lazy mornings!

LL Cool Joe said...

Not everything about the good old days was that good. :D Actually him saying "not into guys?" implying she's into girls, was quite forward thinking for him. :D

Abby said...

LLC Joe, yes, it's good he knew it was ONE of the options :)