Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2021

a trip to anywhere


I've spun the mattress, changed the toothbrush heads, rummaged and found some shorts and short sleeves.  Spring is here for a welcome change!  And this year, it brings a COVID vaccine available to about all who want it (and can get an appointment!).

Change is often a good thing and gives us things to look forward to.  Thought I'd make a small-scale list for near future things.




Warmer, Longer Days
With spring's arrival, I'm ready for stashing the snow shovels and partaking of some warm weather fun.

New Tooth
As I mentioned a while ago, our dog, Penny, mangled my fake tooth - not while it was in my mouth, thankfully.  I take full blame for leaving it laying around.  
I've been living with the void and was fitted for a new one nearly two weeks ago.  I expect the replacement in the upcoming week.  I will take better care of this one!

New Job
I told the Audreys I'd be the new assistant boss.  I'm looking forward to the change, probably because I don't know all that I'm in for.
It's just nice to make a decision now and then.  Once I decided and signed the papers, I felt more centered.  I offloaded my current tutor students - I was down to just two at this point - without hassle.  That feels a bit weird, seems I've been a tutor forEVER.

Home Upgrades
With the pandemic restrictions beginning to lift, I'm looking forward to a few needed updates on our house.  It was a rental for several years before we purchased it.  The appliances are very basic and showing their age, same for the windows and exterior paint.  Time for some TLC.
I'm not necessarily looking for the "journey" to get there in this case, but rather the destination.

So, how boring am I, right?

What's something you're looking forward to?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Linking up this week with Mama Kat for the prompt:
4. Write about something you are looking forward to.




4 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I'm in that boring boat right now. I am not bored ready about you though. My life is just blah these days.

Abby said...

Peggy, you've got a big move coming. That's something! When I pondered what I'm looking forward to, and the first thing that came to mind was my new fake tooth, it was a boring realization!

KatBouska said...

Congratulations on the job move! That will keep things interesting I'm sure. And I'm always glad when I finally tackle a home project that has been waiting for attention. It will feel good to cross those items off your list!

LL Cool Joe said...

I was looking forward to getting my hair cut and that happened yesterday. I do have a dental appointment in a weeks time but I'm not looking forward to it. I need a bridge done. I may become a drug dealer to pay for it.