Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2021

all the things!

For this week's prompts from Mama Kat, I had trouble deciding on which one.  So screw it, do 'em all!

1. Share a favorite recipe you’ve been loving lately.



At work, during our morning breaks, the cooks will make us "anything we want" (within reason).  I ordered up this breakfast sammich early on, and now it's my fave.  The kitchen calls it the "Abby Special"

It's really not much of a "recipe".  It's just eggs (scrambled or over easy, surprise me) with melted cheddar, spinach, and tomato on a toasted English muffin.  

Simple.  Satisfying.




2. Write about what helps you stay motivated during these unprecedented times?

I do miss going to PEO meetings and events and have trouble staying motivated to attend the zoom meetings.  I recognize that's something I should work on rather than just waiting until we can meet in-person again.  

I'm glad I signed up for those monthly Tortoise and Hare races.  They are a nice respite from fact that there are no big races and provide some fun competition and motivation to stay race ready.  Really, I did not necessarily want to run in the crap conditions last Sunday, but was glad I did it in the end because I want those 5 points, dammit!

I also stay motivated by doing fun DIY projects around the house that I otherwise wouldn't make time for *anyone detect the dripping sarcasm there?*

3. Write a blog post about something that made you smile this week.



4. Write a blog post inspired by the word: enough

I've been thinking about how I have more than enough clothes these days.  I don't get out much except to go to work at the care facility, and our work clothes are issued to us.  Tuting is all online, and everything is super casual with that these days.  

Half my closet is clothes I haven't worn in nearly a year.  Anyone else? What are YOU wearing?

5. Write about the last argument you witnessed (could be a silly one)…did you take a side?

This isn't that recent, but once when we were on a family road trip, we stopped at a McDonald's for lunch.  There were two young female employees working the counter, and it was apparent that they didn't like each other.  We observed a short exchange as they put our order together:

McD worker #1: Stop touching my boob.

McD worker #2: Stop putting your boob where my hand is.

No violence ensued, but you could cut the air with a knife.  It stands as my favorite witnessed argument.  I did not pick a side because either one of those girls coulda kicked my ass.

6. Share a memory about something you did as a child that made a family member angry.

I was always an adorable child who never caused any anger.  I'm sticking with that story.


7 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I may a sandwich just like this only on GF english muffins. Aren't they great? I'm not able to have solid food yet and I'm so hungry....I better walk away

Astrid said...

Oh, interesitng how you chose all prompts. That sandwich sounds delicious!

Jen E @ mommablogsalot said...

I would love to see people going full Mad Max style around town.

Tee said...

I relate to the clothing issue. I have a few trash bags full of clothes that I'm planning to donate. (The smaller, white trash bags, not the ginormous kind, but still.) I haven't moved them out of the house yet and periodically I look at them and wonder if I should just pause a bit on letting them go. But I sort of incorporated the "does it give me joy" thing in the process. Also, my closet isn't so cram-packed anymore which I like, so I probably won't give it much more thought.

Patty said...

Well done, Abby!

The sandwich? Delish! So simple and very satisfying!

The McDonald's Boobs? Still sitting here laughing. And very smart on your part for not weighing in on the counter debate. Chances are they might have put something distasteful in your order.

The Share a Memory thing? Hmmmm...very nice touch of sarcasm there!

Stay safe!

Paula Kiger said...

You covered all the bases! :-)

KatBouska said...

Ooh I always enjoy when I can respond to all of the prompts in some way, those are fun to read and should always be an option! I wear a hoodie and leggings literally everyday but I think I started that well before the pandemic. I moved my closet of clothes into Kainoa's closet when we were updating our floors a year ago and I have never gone back for them. I have no idea what's in there now. Your breakfast looks delicious. I'm going to copy it.