Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Thai Thanksgiving, hoarders, and fantasies, oh my

We ended up breaking the "rules" for Thanksgiving.  All the kids live close by and had the day off.  Magnum and I had the day off.  Nobody had plans.  Come on over, we said.  They came over.

I had  no turkey, no fixin's.  We had Thai takeout.  I'm thankful for Khon Thai Restaurant for being open on Thanksgiving.  Different Thanksgiving experience, but all good.

And we did get in a bit of a hike.  By the time we'd managed to gather, it was a little late in the day, but we snuck in a short hike before darkness and cold. I worked on Friday, had today off, and will work tomorrow.  Today was beautiful and Magnum and I did a bit more hiking, longer than Thanksgiving's.

yes, it's me
yes, I'm smiling

Plenty of others were out enjoying the trails, but really, we didn't need to mask up much. Plenty of social distance to be had for most of the way.  I just was feeling rather apocalyptic at picture time.

Speaking of feasts, we currently have a certified hoarder at our rehab facility.  It's weird and a little creepy.  He orders bunches of food, but doesn't eat it all.  Just stashes the food and - more importantly it seems - the dishes, glassware, utensils, etc.  His room isn't that big.  Why does he do this?  

We've taken to bringing him things in disposable containers, which stresses him out.  I can't imagine what his house looks (and smells?) like.

Speaking of strange activity, I went on facebook earlier out of boredom.  A friend showed results of googling [his name] and "fantasy outfit".  Why?  I dunno, that's what goes on over at facebook.  

Like a lemming, I tried it, with no intention of posting results to facebook.  My results weren't anything special, but then I thought, what if I just google [my name] and "fantasy", forget about the outfit.  Let's see what google thinks my fantasy is.

Here's my top hit:


Oh sheesh, yeah that's right. I share my maiden name with a known white supremist terrorist.  

Let it be known that this is NOT my fantasy.  

What does google think your fantasy is?



4 comments:

Linda Sue said...

what if, in a parallel universe...
You had a great thanksgiving, I can think of none better. It was just Thursday here...just another day.

Lorraine said...

My hubby would have loved a Thai Thanksgiving meal. Nothing wrong with that. I'm on Facebook all the time and haven't seen the fantasy outfit thing going around, but something weird like that always seems to be happening, I guess to keep people interested. Most of my friends are posting pics of their holiday decorations which is nice to see.

Abby said...

Linda, no complaints on our 2020 Thanksgiving. Thursdays are generally pretty good days.

Clamco, Thanksgiving was Thai tasty :).

Brian said...

Glaad your Thanksgiving turned out well, if non-traditional. That could turn out to be a tradition in itself! We had a nice, quiet couples Thanksgiving. Still smoked a turkey and have a boat load stuffed in the freezer - but that's future meals!!

Tried that [my name] fantasy google thingy. Unfortunately I share a surname with a semi-well known model and I think it skewed the results. If I use my first & middle names, I'd run into a similar problem, but with a pretty well known actor. But at least I got no swastika's!