Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2020

candy anyone?

Happy November!  It's the end of the week at the end of the month.  I'm tallying.

First of all, our Halloween numbers summarize as follows:

Groups - one
Total Trick or Treaters - two

Okay, so  now what am I gonna do with my big bag of Costco candy?  We weren't sure what to expect, what with a pandemic and all.  Plus, this is our first Halloween in this house/neighborhood/town.  We had no baseline.

I did mildly better with my Inktober numbers than with dishing out Halloween treats:  20/31


My final submissions:


I felt a bit like my "Crawl" tortoise at the end, but really, it was another fun Inktober.

This past work week was a tough one in that four residents passed away within 24 hours.  Even for an old folks home, that's high.  It's a somber thing to see bodies wheeled out, respectfully draped.  I will miss each of them and their easy going, upbeat personalities despite their final struggles.



2 comments:

Morgan Cartwright said...

That is rough. I'm sorry to hear about the residents.

I bought big bags of candy too and had zero actual trick or treaters. Oh, well. The kids took care of the candy for me.

All your inktober stuff is great. i like the faceless volleyball player a lot.

Abby said...

Morgan, surprisingly, hanging out with the old folks turned out to be one of the most enjoyable parts of this job. It's sad when they go.
Inktober came and went in a flash this year! Wish your kids would take care of our candy.