Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

tasteful sideboob, not

She seemed like a committed and doting wife, maybe a bit on the controlling side.  But I had to admire her attentiveness and appreciate her graciousness toward my coworkers and me.  

I've mentioned the care facility where I work is half long term care (nursing home) and half rehab facility for people who are not bad off enough to be hospitalized but not quite ready for independent living.  That part of the biz is a "halfway house" of sorts.

So we had this man check into the rehab a coupla weeks ago.  I'd guess he's somewhere in his mid-60s?  Unlike the other residents, his wife performs a good deal of his care. I assume she's his primary care giver at home and has been in that role for a while, so she worked something out with the facility and medical team to regularly come in and do things for the husband.  This was instantly notable as "different" since no one is allowed visitors during these COVID times (unless they're dying).

As I said, she's always been nice to us and communicates well with the staff.  Yesterday, a coworker walked passed the guy's room, and wife/nurse is standing in there flashing her boobs.  To her husband, not my coworker... for clarification.

Okay, that was a bit odd.  

  • The rooms have doors, and if a door is closed, we will always knock before entering.
  • To be in the room, one must don a mask, face shield, gloves, and gown.  Flashing boobs (or anything, really) is not a particularly easy task in that getup.
But hey, more power to 'em.  Just maybe shut the door mkay?

Speaking of rehabilitating, our snow is slowly melting.  I think the final measurement put us at a foot and a half, which is a large dumping, particularly since it's not even November.  We've had clear blue skies ever since, and it's so nice not to be living with all that smoke and ash.

The fires are not out, however, and containment is still only partial.  Just as how the COVID pandemic has been educational regarding viruses and immunity, I've been learning a bit of fire science lately.  In kindergarten fire science terms, trees that have not fully burned during a wildfire can hold heat inside of them and catch fire later on if not cooled down enough.  That's why Smokey Bear tells us to put out our campfires to the point of being completely cool, not just to no longer flaming.

In the meantime, it's been  nice to go outside and be able to comfortably breathe. During the snowstorm on Sunday, I was already feeling the cabin fever, so we gave ourselves a mission other than shoveling to go play outside.



To the ballot box.  Uphill both ways in the snow.




4 comments:

Linda Sue said...

WOW Winter came howling in like a hungry beast! I was going to say "breast", because I am still stuck on the first couple of paragraphs. She is frisky! Spontaneous!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

OH Abby that last line slayed me! Yep a story to tell your grandkids when you had to walk up hill both ways to vote.
(That would be my father)

I think it's a hoot that she flashed him. But seriously - the door lady!

Brian said...

Uphill both ways in the snow - just like walking to school in upstate NY!! Oh - we had it sooooo rough!.

Good on you for voting. Hope we get some favorable results . . . .

Abby said...

Linda Sue, yup, I see what you (almost) did there.

Peggy, your comment makes me wonder how our potential grandkids will vote. Hmm... and what/who will they be voting on?

Brian, I remember those upstate NY snows. The wall of shovelage just got higher and higher until spring thaw!