Pages

Friday, October 23, 2020

en vogue

Winter's coming.  We're all hoping for a ton o' snow to dump on the fires that are burning up Colorado right now, but we'll take whatever we can get.  But I don't want to whine-blog again about the damn fires.  Nope, gonna go sweep those ashes off my patio and under the rug.

I did happen to come across a "cheat sheet" of sorts - a prepared list of what to gather in case of an evacuation for *some reason or other*  for different advanced warning times:




I've known people who've had to be evacuated, and they speak of grabbing their photo albums.  I thought, well, I'd just grab my computer and my external hard drive because that's where my important documents and photos are.  

But no, we have several photo albums from pre-digital-camera times.  I briefly thought about starting a photo scanning-and-organizing project before thinking, "ugh".  God, that sounds tedious and time consuming. Well, the journey of a thousand miles starts with one step and all that.

So I dug out some old photos wondering how much was really worth salvaging.  Some go way back and are from my parents' collections.  

This morning, I headed out for a run, and it was 25F degrees out.  I had to remember what one wears to run in 25F degrees.  Gotta keep warm, but don't want to be too bulky.  

A good head covering is a cold weather friend, and we certainly want to be fashionable at the same time.  Kate Middleton, for instance, knows what's what→→


My search for a suitable hat reminded me that I was once similarly fashionable.  I do have an interest in fashion, although these days, I dress  more for function.  But back in my heyday, Kate and I could've been two peas in a pod as evidence in an unearthed photo from my recent investigations



The fur hat.  Is it ever out of style?

Answer:  Yes.  Absolutely Yes.
(and we won't speak of the pants)







---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Linking  up this week with Mama Kat for the prompt:
1. Throwback Thursday! Find an old photo and share the backstory!


5 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Okay then I am hoping too for a lot of snow for you! That would help a lot!

Linda Sue said...

that is a hefty list of stuff, essentials to haul around dodging a tsunami or an earth quake volcano explosion. I have a little pack by the door with stuff in it...who knows what. I LOVE the fashionista girl , striped fur hat, so raccoon and hip! I hope that you are well, the fires are horrifying

Madamdreamweaver said...

My mom always looked great in a all-dark fur winter hat. She wore one in the 70's and in the late 90's I gifted her one for Christmas. I kind of like them, but I live in NW Florida, so scarves and winter hats just aren't necessary. We do get up to wearing winter jackets, though and I sometimes need to wear gloves if it's freezing. But winter fashion around here is like wearing a winter jacket with shorts and sandals. Sometimes jeans, but still with the flip flops. Makes you scratch your head.

I too hope the cooling weather & snow brings relief from the western fires.

Abby said...

Sandie, thanks, we're all doing our snowdance!

Linda Sue, as I recall, that racoon hat was very warm. It served me well. We have a large (comforting?) reservoir between us and the closest fire.

MDW, we're just starting to break out the winter wear, and I realize I don't often see fur hats anymore except those Elmer Fudd fur lined hunting hats. I guess Florida doesn't have much need for such things!

KatBouska said...

You clearly set the trend for Kate Middleton. That hat was stunning! Stay safe!!