Pages

Monday, September 7, 2020

bring back the green

Today, facebook reminded me that 5 years ago, I was doing the marathon.  Not "doing" as in running it.  I was working an aid station.  Labor Day has traditionally been the day of the ADT marathon in Colorado Springs, and Meego and I used to volunteer for it.  



I don't remember how many years we handed out water and Gatorade, but 2015 was memorable since the very next morning, I got dog bit.  We'll see if facebook remembers that tomorrow.

This Labor Day is quite different.  No marathon because of Covid-19, we don't live in Colorado Springs anymore, and the skies are not clear blue among other things.

I was out shopping this morning and snagged this pic of ashes that accumulated on my car after about 30 minutes in the store along with the poor little sun trying to peek through the smoke.

isn't this what wiped out the dinosaurs?

No orange filter, that's just what it looks like right now.  It's like having the blue light blocker turned on full all of the time.

If nothing else, I think people are heeding the mask wearing more diligently now - not so much to protect others, but to filter out the air they're breathing.  Whatever works.

So while we're all rather freaked out at the "winter" storm forecast for tomorrow, it would be nice if the Cameron Peak fire gets a good wallop.



6 comments:

Linda Sue said...

Crazy weather! The orange , thick air looks like it might be pretty difficult to breath, or sleep or breathe while sleeping. Fingers crossed that the snow with dash the fire!

Linda Hensley said...

It's a good thing people aren't running the marathon with air like that. I hope the storm douses the fire too and that the world will be back to normal this time next year.

Chatty Crone said...

If I lived there I think I would be wearing my mask more religiously too. Hope it clears up soon.

Abby said...

Linda Sue, it's so dark out, the streetlights came on 😳

Linda, fingers crossed!

Sandie, I was on my bicycle yesterday and little pieces of ash were getting in my eyes. Put my mask on to keep stuff outta the lungs!

Jenna H. said...

Wow - what a crazy photo!! hang in there <3
Jenna ♥
Stay in touch? Life of an Earth Muffin

Abby said...

Jenna, thanks. Today is better. It's snowing...