Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2020

not anymore

Yesterday was July 11, or 7/11.  Did you celebrate Slurpee Day?  No?  Understandable since Slurpee Day became another COVID-19 casualty. 

When our kids were young and willing to hang out with us for such things, we'd make it a point to do a bike ride to 7-11 on Slurpee Day.  We never made it in time for the free ones because those came in little 7.11 oz. cups, and the store would run out quickly. 



           



Just as well because those freebie Slurpee shots would not do on a mid-July bike ride.  We were there for the full strength.




I don't remember when the last Slurpee ride was, it's been quite a few years, but I saw a headline yesterday that it wasn't happening this year - social distance precautions and all that. 


I used to think it was kind of strange the way people would flock to 7-11 for 7.11 ounces of free Slurpee, but I guess it was a big enough deal to make its cancellation a news story.






In other COVID news (as if you don't have enough), I came across this graphic today.  

SOURCE


Honestly, I didn't dig around to verify the data behind the graphic, but if it's true... time to build a moat, Colorado?

Keep washin' yo hands!




4 comments:

Linda Sue said...

OW, that map needs a bandaid . And didn't we KNOW this would happen?
I can honestly attest to the fact that I have never had a slurpie. My friends sort of liked them - experienced severe brain freeze, and that was kind of like getting high back then.

Abby said...

Linda Sue, never had a Slurpee? Congratulations!
Actually, I've never gotten one for myself. Only the kids would get them, but I did bum a few tastes. Your friends are correct - Worst. Brain Freeze. Ever.
A lot of red on that map.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I have never had a slurpee. What am I missing?
That map is seriously scary. We are yellow.....not good but those red states are closing in on us. I think from the map I need to go to Hawaii.

Abby said...

Peggy, another Slurpee virgin! It's a lot of finely crunched ice with a bit of sugary beverage - bait to get the kids to go for a bike ride with me.
I think I could handle quarantining in Hawaii.