Pages

Friday, August 23, 2019

oopsies

I somehow managed to have zero tutees today, so AAAaaaaah.  Not that I'm not grateful for the tutor students, but it's been a busy week, and I have neglected a few things, so I'm happy to have the clear schedule.  First SAT of the school year tomorrow.  Whoopee doo!

I did have some administrative things to do on the tutor site this morning, and when I checked in over there, I noticed an ugly 1-star review.  What? 

Like most online services, we tutors are subjected to starred reviews.  I've never gotten a 1-star.  I've never gotten less than a 4-star (knock on wood), so I was befuddled.  I'd met with the student on Wednesday, and all was good.

I went over the lesson in my mind.  Did I do something offensive?  Say something racist/ sexist/ ableist/ there-are-so-many-ists?

So I messaged her asking about her concerns and what I could do to make it right.  Thankfully, she responded right away, saying "Oh no!...".  Somehow her 5-star flipped to 1-star.  She was able to switch it back.  Still don't know what happened.  Hackers??

In other mistakes... My faithful yet underappreciated commuter bike is in Urgent Care.  Yup, I managed to wear her rear brake down to nuthin'.  I knew it was getting time to change the pads, but kept putting it off even though I ride Ariel nearly every day. 

It got so bad by yesterday, I put Ariel in the car and drove her to the shop that is usually a nice bike ride away, since I didn't want to ride her another foot without fixing the brake.  Too late, she needed new pads AND a new rotor. 

The service techs at this shop are great.  It's my favorite bike shop for many reasons, and this is one of them.  Jon assessed the damaged and promised her back to me by this morning.  I just need to go pick her up.  Here's the work order:



Yup.  "Status:  Urgent Care".  I'm a bad bike mom. 



5 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abbey that is a hoot that they actually wrote the status of Urgent Care! Too funny. I like this bike shop and I've never been.
So glad that 1 was a mistake. I would have wallowed in self pity for a day and then do what you did and then kick myself for not doing it right away. See? You're much smarter than me.

Chatty Crone said...

Urgent Care alright!
Glad you were able to straighten the rating out!
sandie

Abby said...

Peggy, I know, "Urgent Care", I'm listening for sirens!
I was hoping that 1-star was somehow an error. She got back to me pretty quickly, but it seemed like an eternity from the time I sent her my message.

Chatty, glad I got both issues taken care of. Whew!

ShadowRun300 said...

Sorry I’ve been away, but I’m all caught up now! What a nice turnout for Tiffany’s memorial. I’m sure she was loving you all drinking chocolate wine in her honor.
Ratings, well surveys really, are a big deal for me. We had a few harsh ones yesterday that still have me bummed, so I feel ya. Glad to hear it was a mistake and she was able to fix it!
You are a good bike mom, and don’t let anyone tell you differently. Glad to hear she’ll be back on the road in no time.

Abby said...

SR300, I appreciate online ratings and surveys for helping us all be better informed and helping providers be better at whatever it is they provide, but they can have their drawbacks. They don't tell the whole story, so don't be too bummed!
Ariel is back home, all healed up. Giving me a bit of side eye though...
I think Tiffany was there, helping us try her fave wine :)