Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

feng shui and chocolate wine, oh my

On Sunday, I rearranged my workspace.  Oh boy!

Recall that we've been gradually moving our existence solely to the main floor of our house.  The primary functions of the lower level are laundry and my workspace for shopping amazon for things I don't need, wasting time on facebook and instagram and reddit and youtube, blogging, and online tutoring .  Meego also had a desk and computer downstairs for game central over the summer, but with him making his final move to the Lake House, it's back to me and the laundry.

I used to have my desk facing a window and wall with my back to the rest of the large room.  Now I'm oriented with my back to a wall while I'm facing the rest of the room.  SO much better!  Here's the view



I looked up feng shui workspace tips AFTER I did the rearranging, and I think I found out why I like this better.


Sitting position 
The best sitting position or chair position is against the wall. Feng Shui has the principle of sitting facing the ocean and leaning against the mountain. The ocean can be interpreted as a broad view, while the mountain is the wall. So, when you sit facing the wall, you may find some obstacles in your career. In contrast, when you sit against the wall, the wall can make you feel secure and can maintain your career stability.

I learned that the LEAST beneficial desk placements are

  • facing a wall
  • facing a window
  • with back to a door

AHA!  Dang, I was doing all three of those!
Okay, so my phone hasn't exactly been ringing off the hook with exciting and lucrative job offers, but I like the idea of facing the ocean while leaning against the mountain, nonetheless.

Over the weekend, I got together with some P.E.O. sisters to make some mementos for Tiffany's upcoming memorial service.  About 300 attendees are estimated, and Tiffany's cousin wanted to have some mementos to give.

She sent out an email to see if anyone wanted to help the assembly process - "we could have an appetizer potluck at my house and drink chocolate wine..."





Well, several of us were available and eager to help out.  The prospect of eat and drink didn't hurt either.

I'd never had nor heard of chocolate wine, but apparently it was a fave of Tiffany's.  Truthfully, it didn't sound very good, but I was pleasantly surprised.

I'd say it was like a good red wine with a just right amount of dark chocolate syrup.  Tasty!







Ever had chocolate wine?  Ever rearranged your surroundings using principles of feng shui?  What else have I been missing out on??




5 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby that was a lovely thing for all to do. I have never had chocolate wine. And like you think it sounds terrible. Yet to me there is no better combo than a red wine with chocolate so what do I know? Look at the turn out at that table, that shows you how wonderful your friend Tiffany was.
BTW, My desk appears to be feng shui. yipee. Your office desk looks so much better than mine though.

Chatty Crone said...

I face a window - hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Hey you have the biggest screen I ever saw!

Abby said...

Peggy, yes, I was thinking "yuck, but I'll try it for Tiffany". Surprise!
It was a nice turnout and a good healing activity for all.

Chatty, turn that desk around!
I was reluctant because I didn't want the various cables facing out into the rest of the room, but they're not so bad, and this setup is way better than looking at the wall.
My screen is a double-wide. I "sort of" stole it from Meego when he went to college last year...

Larz said...

I've had chocolate wine! It's lovely.

Abby said...

Larz, had I seen it in a shop or restaurant, I'd have passed. Good stuff!