Pages

Monday, July 22, 2019

turkey stalking, relationship goals, and welcome to delicious

"Don't mind me", I was saying telepathically to the large buck eating foliage next to the running path.  He looked right at me, pondering if I was worth worrying about and goring with his impressive rack, and thankfully, he decided I was not.  

We have our fair share of wildlife in the neighborhood.  In addition to the occasional deer and various members of the rodentia family, included are birds of prey, coyotes, and lots and lots of bunnies.  No turkeys, though... until last Friday.


Meego came home from work and reported, "There's a wild turkey walkin' around outside".  I had to see for myself, and he was right.  What the...?  We followed her down the street.  She was quite shy and avoided us.  I snapped a grainy shot of her back before she disappeared into someone's backyard.  No idea what became of her.

We're trying to establish "play dates" with our dogs and Chaco's dog, Ella.  Chaco adopted Ella about a year ago, she's a very cool Australian Cattle Dog - smart, alert, strong, loyal...  She is a bit socially awkward, though.  Chaco rescued her from a shelter, and we think she was a stray for a while, living on her own by her wits.  She can be overly cautious and takes a while to warm up to other dogs.  


So we've spent a little time breaking her in with Merlin and Penny, her "cousins".  She and Merlin are friends, but Penny's going to be the critical path.  Penny can be a bit of a b*tch, and Ella ain't got  no time for that. 
Merlin's pretty easy going, though. He really wants to be friends with Napolion, the cat.  Napolion's still deciding if he's going to expand his circle of friends.


And speaking of Equifax (not that we were) and Chaco.  I got an article in my email recently.  The headline was something like, "Is There Such a Thing as Ethical Hacking?"

Well, of course there is!  Look, I dunno squat about how to hack a computer, but be thankful there are those who do, and do it for good reasons.  They hack into systems to alert owners of flaws in security.  Chaco's been hacking since high school (before?  maybe, I dunno), and I'm all, "as long as you use it for good, not evil".  

He and his coworker, K, took yet another first prize at a local hacking competition and got a shout out on twitter.  Tweet out?  


That's K, wearing the hat and backpack, while Chaco's holding the "golden keyboard" a.k.a. trophy.  

And team "Culver's", because that's what they'd brought for lunch.  Welcome to delicious.




4 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Wow that golden keyboard looks cool. :D I wish I could hack into a computer just to get that, but I couldn't even hack into my own computer.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I skill I would like for my own computer. :-)

Abby said...

Joey, I'm surprised that no one has yet asked you to make a golden keyboard hacking competition trophy!

Peggy, Hey good to see ya!
My computer and I aren't always on the same page either.

Chatty Crone said...

I am thankful that they are using it for good out there - I know there are certain things that are important to get into.